• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Test Movie doesn't open browser since updating to MacOS Sonoma

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to Sonoma on my MacBook Air, when I test a movie using Cmd+Enter, it goes through the publishing process but then does not open a browser, so I've no idea if the movie is working or not. Also, some of my HTML5 games that were previously working have started playing up - I just see a bunch of random images from the game (I've attached a screenshot), or the preloader just spins and spins. Are there any known compatibility issues with Sonoma? 

TOPICS
Product issue , Publish package

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Also just a heads up, the bookmarked link to the local server will only work after publishing your animte file, and have Animate open (same as when you normally publish). This is what starts the local server, so as soon as you close animate, the local server stops working and the bookmark will no longer work. So simply export, then open the bookmart to test. Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 3.29.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Hello,
The bug is now fixed, with the new Animate version 24.0.3 ! The preview export is working again. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried uninstalling all other Adobe 23 apps, which didn't work, but when I downgraded to 22.0, that did work - so thanks for the help with that. Hopefully, Adobe are creating a fix to v23 as we speak.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, animate 22.0 is working, but all my other Adobe programs are updated to 24 now and they are still ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check the bug fixes in the next animate update(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea when the next update is due? I'm on 24.0 at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they usually are 4-8 weeks apart 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, and my workaround is (Using Animate v24) is to open the generated webpage in Visual Studio Code and serve the page with Live Server extension (local server). When you use CMD + Enter to test in Animate it will refresh the generated webpage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for that work-around @Student 1B5EB7 .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion but, being a complete newbie to Visual Studio Code, I've not been able to make that work. I've installed the Live Server extension but I can't see what I need to do after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

- Open VS Code;

- Go to File > Open Folder...;

- Choose the folder that contains the published HTML;
- Go to the bottom right corner and click on the Go Live button.

A browser window/tab should open with your content running.

adobe_animate_vs_code_live_server.png

Regards,
JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It opens a browser window but the code doesn't load. I just get a white screen. It's pointing to http://127.0.0.1:5500/ - is that right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pauls73381349 

open your browser's developer console and check for errors.

Lesson 1: https://youtu.be/bG05_am-fQI

Lesson 2: https://youtu.be/H9e9toftvdM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same error I was getting at the beginning of all this - the 'unexpected token'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have an error in your coding.  where that error is can't be determined from the error message.

if you don't have much coding, it's usually quickest to find the error by inspection.  otherwise, systematically comment out sections of code to narrow your focus on the problematic section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here! Since updating to MacOS Sonoma we can't test our projects anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@increasem46082496 

use visual studio to open your app in a browser window, or await an animate update fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is still having this problem (I've had it for months with no luck reinstalling, downgrading, etc) the best workaround I've found is to bookmark the link to the local server that your files would normally open in (http://127.0.0.1:8090/),. This will open the index of the file you create, and you can then select and test it from there as per usual. Publishing/testing your files does start the local server and export your file as it should, but this bug simply prevents it from opening in your browser for some reason, so this allows you to manually open and test... Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 3.23.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also just a heads up, the bookmarked link to the local server will only work after publishing your animte file, and have Animate open (same as when you normally publish). This is what starts the local server, so as soon as you close animate, the local server stops working and the bookmark will no longer work. So simply export, then open the bookmart to test. Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 3.29.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael22928587yiyq 

nice work-around!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!  This has saved me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any plans to fix this Adobe? It is becoming a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hopefully, it will be fixed in an update.  you can make sure it's been reported.

to report bugs or ideas or wishes to adobe: for applicable apps, use https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for createive cloud assets:

bugs, https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-collaboration-experiences/ct-p/ct-adobe-collaboration-experienc...

requests, https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-collaboration-experiences/ct-p/ct-adobe-collaboration-experienc...

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

if neither show a place to report the issue, just leave it here. that's the best you can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
The bug is now fixed, with the new Animate version 24.0.3 ! The preview export is working again. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Laurence37433662yz1v 

thanks for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome!

I hadn't noticed.

Thanks for letting us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent! Thanks for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines