• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic Recovery

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm aware of the issue that auto-recovery will pick a backup that was not your latest backup (and therefore, you loose work).  But I've never had that issue because I've never seen auto-recovery actually succeed at all, ever.  You get that?  That's a 100% failure rate.  Any time I've ever attempted to utilize the auto-recovered session, the recovery process ends with an error dialog which list files which could not be found and the list then contains every wav file that is part of my project.  I've been working with Audition for 2 years now and never once has that feature succeeded.  But, since others complain that success ends up with an old session, I conclude that it must be successful for other people.

So, I'm just wondering how many other users out there experience that auto-recovery failing to find any of your wav files?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't usually lose work when presented with the backup that isn't the latest one - you just have to find the correct backup. Why that isn't automatically offered to you is a bit of a mystery though. But I have used it - recently - and with that proviso, it works fine.

The other thing - the 'failing to find files' business - does appear to be an issue for several people, which leads me to think that something's broken. That said, it's not entirely clear what that is because no two peoples' experience seems to be quite the same. I'm hoping that the devs will pick up on all this pretty soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate