• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't change effects settings because they are changing/animating during playback

Explorer ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple M1 Max

Ventura 13.3.1 (a) (22E772610a)

Adobe Audition 23.3.0.55

My settings are moving during playback (animating?), and I can't get anything in the effects rack to stay put or change to what I want. I've never seen this behavior. What the heck is going on?? See the attached video.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Effects , Multitrack editor , Performance or Stability , Workflow or interoperability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have hidden all the track controls, but what it looks like is no more than just playing the automation. If you expand the track controls slightly you'll get the option to get the automation out of 'read' and into 'off'. If it stops when you do this, then you will have to expand out the track to show the automation and clear the bits you don't want. You may have to select the actual tracks you want from the list of what's available - what you want isn't necessarily going to be visible otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, you learn something new everyday. I was so confused because it just started happening. After testing on an older version of Audition, I realized it must be some keyframes that created using a keyboard shortcut accidentally. What is the keyboard shortcut for inserting an automation keyframe?

Anyway, I "fixed" this (though it was my perception that was broken) by expanding the track so that the "Show Envelopes" dropdown appeared, then I clicked Show Envelopes > Parametric Equalizer (Fig. 1), then made sure there was a checkmark next to all the effects with astrisks (*) next to them, e.g. EQ Band 4 Center Frequency *. That way I could now see what automation is actually taking place, then Select > Parametric Equalizer: EQ Band 4 Center Frequency (Fig. 2), then delete those keyframes, using the "Clear All Keyframes" eraser button (Fig. 3). See images below.

Thanks, @SteveG_AudioMasters_!

Fig. 1

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 16.25.38.png

Fig. 2

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 16.40.46.png

Fig. 3

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 16.41.20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate