• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

asio4all latency issue

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi im using adobe audition cs6 along with asio4all, i have selected the 2 devices i want to use (my focusrite 2i2 for 2 mono tracks and my blue yeti usb mic) there is a difference in the latency i get from both there even though they are set to the same buffer and sample rates. the latency compensator does nothing it seems to me.

all i want to be able to do it have both left and right channel of the focusrite on separate channels and the yeti on a 3rd channel with all the same latency (as low as possible) anyone be able to shed some light on this please thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

steffanm97131094  wrote

in audition you can only select one asio driver and because both  the focusrite and the yeti have an input and output there isnt a way for me to select both.

That's not an Audition issue, it's an ASIO one. ASIO punches a hole clean through most of the OS, and for whatever reason, Steinberg only allow one instance of this. The only flexibility there is in the system is that if you have a multi-channel interface, more than one app can feed it at the same time. But the single

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately ASIO4All is only a converter that uses the standard Windows audio drivers and gives the output in ASIO format. So it is still very much reliant on the latency provided by the standard Windows MME drivers which won't be very consistent or low. Also because you are using two separate audio devices whose sample rates aren't synced it means you are reliant on Windows/ASIO4All to do sample rate conversion of at least one of your sources. This will lead both to a degradation in audio quality as well as probably further latency.

The latency compensation is only meant to work with a common source not two asynchronous ones. The only way to get round this is to only use a single audio interface with three inputs I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steffan

Personally, I have tried asio4all and never got it to work properly. IF you use the correct focusrite drivers with their asio latency shouldn't be a problem as your usb mic will be plugged into a seperate usb socket.. As ryclarke says above, MME are good to a certain extent but certainly don't rely on asio4all. Remember also to change the audio devices setting in Audition so it knows where to get the audio from! w

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in audition you can only select one asio driver and because both  the focusrite and the yeti have an input and output there isnt a way for me to select both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

steffanm97131094  wrote

That's not an Audition issue, it's an ASIO one. ASIO punches a hole clean through most of the OS, and for whatever reason, Steinberg only allow one instance of this. The only flexibility there is in the system is that if you have a multi-channel interface, more than one app can feed it at the same time. But the single device limitation is set in stone, apparently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines