• Global community
    • Language:
      • Deutsch
      • English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit
0

Audio echoing when imported to Captivate, Fine in Audition

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I did a silly recording in Captivate where I recorded a teams meeting screen share with both my microphone and computer audio enabled because I needed a second person on the mic and couldn't think of an easier way to do it remotely. I created a separate track and edited it to sound great, but when I save the file back to Captivate and publish, I have a terrible echo. If I go back to the audition audio file, it sounds great. I'm not sure if it's a captivate or audition question, but hoping someone has an idea for a fix : 

 

Using Audition CC 2015.2

Thank you,

justin

TOPICS
Import , Noise reduction , Playback

Views

210

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it sounds okay in Audition, then probably you need to mute the original file in Captivate when you add the new one, because it sounds as though what you've added is either delayed or ahead of it - that would certainly produce a nasty echo! By the looks of it (bearing in mind that I'm not a Captivate user) on the Captivate audio page, this should be possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the quick reply @steveG_AudioMasters_ Unfortunately, I imported the .wav file to captivate and that is the sole audio file listed in the project library (although it was a multi track file that I exported to .wav and I wasn't super confident in what I was doing). I thought maybe there was something to the delay, so I tried saving it mono (vs stereo) to see if maybe captivate just can't support it or something with no luck. I'm thinking this is a captivate issue unfortunately, so I've made a post on that forum as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines