• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition 2021 goes dead; what the heck?

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep having this weird problem with Audition 2021.

It starts out fine.

Running a mic through a Universal Audio Apollo Twin interface, recording in mono for voiceover.

It records. Everything's there. I stop.

I go to record again, seconds later.... nothin'.

I click the record button, the button panel reflects that (ring around the record button, the other buttons change, etc.), but the playhead doesn't move, and nothing records. At the same time, the little volume control floating control panel goes dead. I've hit stop, and it's still grayed out and unresponsive. I have to select a small portion and delete and then the volume button is live again. However, I still can't record.

What the heck? What am I doing wrong? Have I hit something I don't realize I've hit? I'm pretty certain I haven't. It really seems like when this happens, it happens for no reason at all. Everything's fine, it's working, I stop, then I'm dead in the water and the only solution seems to be quitting Audition and starting over. Then it may or may not happen again.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, in advance. 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The playhead not moving says it all. There's only ever one cause for this, and that is that for whatever reason, your sound device is disconnected from Audition. I do know that Universal Audio have some very specific things that they require you to do if you're running under either Windows or Mac (you haven't said), and the first thing you have to do is check this out. The page that will lead you to whatever it is they say is here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SteveG, thank you for your reply. 

Running on an iMac. 

I'm skeptical that's it, and here's why: this only ever happens *after* I've already recorded. Everything's working. I record, and it's fine. I stop. I got to record again, seconds later, and the problem happens. I don't have to touch anything with the interface or the mic to fix it, and Audition shows no changes in the hardware pathway - it shows it's connected, it shows the signal going through the correct channels. The only thing that fixes it is shutting down Audition. I don't have to do anything to any other settings, don't have to do anything with my interface or mic or cables or anything. I don't have to change anything on my interface or restart it. And most of the time, once I shut down Audition and restart it, the problem won't happen again. Well...that day, anyway. That, to me, seems an awful lot like an Audition glitch, not a connectivity glitch, except for a connectivity glitch with Audition. But I could certainly be wrong. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would help a lot would be if you could produce a log file from a session where this happens, and post the contents of it into this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SteveG,

That's a couple steps outside my wheelhouse. Would you please point me in the direction I might learn how to do that on a Mac?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have a look at the last post in this FAQ: Audition Crashed - now what? It won't necessarily help to send the crash log to Adobe at this point, although it might come to that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines