Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beta Testing #VoCo

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

After seeing the demo of the new #VoCo project, I'm quite interested in becoming a beta tester. I'm a Creative Cloud user, and I do freelance editing, mixing, composing and sound design work for major market public radio and podcast companies (New York Times, Gimlet, WNYC Studios). The VoCo tool looks like it could be a game-changer in the world of dialog editing, and I'm intrigued to learn more ASAP!

Many thanks,

David Herman

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Yep, they did.  I sent David an e-mail.

For the record, as awesome as the VoCo demo was, it's still a research prototype and has not yet been planned for release in any product.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be wondering.. this is an absolute game changed. It isn't a matter of "if" it gets released. It's when, and under what stipulations. If they do not already have something like it, I can imagine government departments wanting this and wanting it kept out of the wild. Delay? If?

Or someone so vested that they control it's development.. another reason to put a hold on it's progress.

A year later, no mention really. It's gonna have to start on git-hub I think.. before we get our hands on this... or it's back to audacity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this software can do wonders for corporate video copy clearance and compliance. if a beta test becomes available please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very interested in a product such as this.

Keep me informed.

Thanks You !

-NC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify, is Adobe Project VoCo a fake page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

callumb93507506  wrote

Just to clarify, is Adobe Project VoCo a fake page?

Oh yes, It's been reported to Adobe Legal, and whatever you do, don't sign up to it. It's a phishing scam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Steve.  Yes, I've reported it internally to our legal and security departments as well.  Please do NOT give any personal information at that site.  It's absolutely unaffiliated with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please send me the appropriate contact information for who I should contact about a company possibly beta testing VoCo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MichaelGum  wrote

Could you please send me the appropriate contact information for who I should contact about a company possibly beta testing VoCo?

Just a reminder - Voco isn't a product as such - indeed at present it's only a concept. Chances are that if it ever makes it to a 'real' product status, then it's unlikely to be a standalone app - more likely, as a 'one-trick pony' to be integrated into another product.

If there is any news at all, I'm sure that it will be reported publicly in a legitimate place at an appropriate time. And yes, the Project VoCo website linked to above is still a scam...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, VoCo has a lot of attention and beta testing would be great. From your answer, it looks like that you consider to put it into an cc product. So getting the beta of that cc product, let´s say e.g. Audition would it be, I assume?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the face of it, that would seem most likely. If you look at this logically, one of the things you need specifically for an app like this is a front end for it. If you look at Effects>Generate>Speech, it's already there in Audition. And Adobe is not particularly noted for wanting to re-invent the wheel when they've already got a functioning one...

But you must understand that this is entirely my own opinion, and officially I know as much about this as you do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Voco intends to do is hardly the same as Generate Speech. Generate Speech has that definitely robotic sound to it.

Adobe should release voco and rename Generate Speech to Generate Robo-Talk. Voco team have created something completely unlike the robo generator.

That voco beta site is pretty convincing - until they say "If you done the above steps you just need to wait for our reply"

But there's a phishing site to catch the high number of people searching for voco - that should be at least a small indicator that this product is going to be really successful. I've never known big companies not to cash in on successful ideas.

If there is a beta release of this for audition I would  love to be a beta tester! Please consider me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it's still too early to offer a public, or even private, beta test of the VoCo technology, I know many folks have been interested in following its development.  I'm happy to refer you to the research paper and expanded demonstration video that the researchers have published, and which will be presented publicly at the Siggraph conference at the end of the month.

VoCo: Text-based Insertion and Replacement in Audio Narration

I've heard from so many of you interested in or concerned about this technology, and the ideas and stories have just been fantastic.  From UI to assist autistic children, to enabling individuals with degenerative diseases to communicate in "their" voice, to personalized digital assistants, voiceover artists looking for ways to monetize their personas on a larger scale, and filmmakers wanting the ability to create dialogue to make changes in editorial and story.  There's no shortage of creative and positive possibilities when editing a persons voice becomes as easy as changing a word in Notepad.

While there are certainly ethical concerns around the possibility of modifying a persons message in their own voice, it's worth noting that this has been possible - by a far more manual process - for decades, at least.  Certainly we've become wary of doctored images or videos, and quality journalist entities have established strict guidelines to ensure authenticity.  Research into watermarking edited phrases, at least forensically ascertainable, should certainly be part of any such technology in my opinion, but I feel with any technology like this there's a a chain of responsibility lest we all become too credulous.  From creator to distributor to audience, each should be mindful of their role in the creation and acceptance of media - especially that which seems too good to be true.

Thanks again for the interest, and if and when we have something available to test, we'll get the word out.  It's exciting to see the potential for new technology and tools that machine learning provides, and it's been great to have the support of projects like Adobe Sensei to back research and ideas like VoCo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Durin. Very cool.

The video on that page was very interesting, especially the advanced modifications that they displayed. They didn't show that during the live demo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Durin,

May I request to be part of your Beta as well?

Several hobbyists and I are working on a free source video game so players are free to edit the game as they wish. This game also has various characters which we would like Voco to voice.

The 2016 demonstration was truly impressive and it would be a great help to use the natural sounding voices of Voco over other products out there which make our characters sound like robots. Paying professionals is simply too expensive and amateur voice actors lack the quality and equipment for proper recordings.

Please do consider me when you are next considering beta passes.

Thank you for your time,

Hessam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately there isn't yet even a product let alone any beta testing, not even alpha testing as far as we know. Also it won't be able to alter voices to sound like other voices. As far as it is understood at the moment you have to have a considerable library of many words spoken by the same voice as the dialogue that you want to alter. And those voice recordings will have to be done under proper voice recording conditions. So I suspect that you will have to have pristine recordings to start with and will therefore need decent recording facilities. After all 'you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I really need Adobe Voco!

I am a film producer

I have some production projects and I need that software please!!

Help me!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a teacher and also work in mobile game development doing graphics and audio editing, and would love to help beta test this. I see huge potential for my employer to use this for doing in-house voice acting and faster voice editing.

I hope Adobe presses ahead with this. I'd like to stick with Adobe verses going with one of the new startups like the Lyrebird company out of Canada.

If anyone with Adobe needs another beta tester, please keep me in mind.

Thanks,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just saw some news about VoCo. I have a friend with ALS that can't talk anymore, but he uses the computer a lot through eye-reader and now he started a radio program about mobility. There is an eletronic reader he uses to "speak", but it is not his voice. Thus, it would be great if he could send you guys some videos and audio so VoCo could sintetize his own voice to use. Is that possible?

Thank you,

Cláudio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

claudiob91719724  wrote

Thus, it would be great if he could send you guys some videos and audio so VoCo could sintetize his own voice to use. Is that possible?

It's not possible, as the product simply doesn't exist at present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I am a sound design trainee from Germany and I also have a CC abo. I work at a public service broadcasting radio station and regulary produce there Jingles, Trailers etc. We sometimes have the problem, that the station voice missed to say something important or the sponsor want's us to change something, after the Trailer is already produced.

This tool could be very helpful in this area.

And I am personally very interested to get some insight's in the software and learn more about this tool.

I am very grateful, If you could inform me about the progress of this software and accept me as a beta tester, when it's available.

Best regards

PS: My english is not the best, but I randomly came across this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Durin's post #51 above.

Re: Beta Testing #VoCo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14 months later.....

We are still waiting. You cant make us hot and then let us down.

Otherwise some may think your AdobeMAX Event is some kind of fake event and its just to make ppl get Adobe Cloud customers but your intention was never to release it anyway.

You made that introduction in 2016. We got now 2018. You dont want to tell me, that it takes THAT long to make a "working" program "secure" and adding watermarks and stuff like that. Beside: I dont see any forced watermarks on photoshop pictures or videos and still you offering pretty easy to use manipulation software for it.

So what about release the beta of VoCo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

simonlange1971  wrote

So what about release the beta of VoCo?

I think that you may have overlooked the influence of Adobe's Legal department, who are, understandably, very cautious when it comes to product liability. Especially if it resulted in a subsequent liability claim for damages - which VoCo could easily cause in the 'wrong' hands...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The technology already exists online via a few other companies I have seen

and are quite realistically copying politicians voices etc.

the main voco benefit is that it would be part of the adobe package and

easier to integrate with current projects and be part of all access fee.

The watermarks would make it stand out as more reliable than other companies.

Basically anything adobe does gets much more press than other companies so

they are very careful with their news releases

On January 17, 2018 3:40:24 AM "SteveG(AudioMasters)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sillybomb  wrote

The technology already exists online via a few other companies I have seen

and are quite realistically copying politicians voices etc.

That may well be another reason that they aren't doing it... and you have to ask: why are they only making it available online, and not selling it? I suspect that being able to trace usage may have something to do with it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines