• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clip Duration is Longer than Source

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to export multitrack Audition sesx file to OMF for a friend to use on ProTools.

I do "File," "Export," "OMF" and try to run the export but it always fails, resulting in the same error: "Warnings: Clip duration is longer than source." I cannot seem to find ANYWHERE what this may mean, or how to fix it. Help, please?

The first stages seem to go well:

Screen Shot 2018-08-25 at 12.03.47 AM.png

• "Generating audio files for OMF export" - goes through this phase 2x and both seem to work. The second time goes faster than the first.
  • There is another something that goes by too fast to see.
  • "Making composition tracks" does not finish and results in: "Warnings: Clip duration is longer than source."
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-25 at 12.03.13 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Just in from a gig

This means that you have 'stretched' some clips - if you can't find them email me the sesx and I will tell you which clip or clips it is

Email:info@aatranslator.com.au

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one for either the developers or Suite Spot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in from a gig

This means that you have 'stretched' some clips - if you can't find them email me the sesx and I will tell you which clip or clips it is

Email:info@aatranslator.com.au

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm having the same problem. Can't find any "stretched" clips. May I email you my sesx? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes of course

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! Sending now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

i'm having the same warning message when trying to export an OMF with encapsulated audio, for an engineer to mix in ProTools. I've tried Clip > Stretch > Enable Gobal Stretching (which was not originally on, I've turned it on and off again to see if this would revert any accidnetally stretched clips) - no luck. I've also tried manually searching each clip to see if there are stretch markers, nope - and also trying to check sample rates of each clip but they're all at 44100. Totally stumped. 

Would love to hear how this issue was resolved, or how to search for stretched (or otherwise?) clips - thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may have emailed me direct but if not email me the sesx file (info@aatranslator.com.au)

It is easier if I have the media but if not I can work with just the sesx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please just show us how to find them ourselves? I mean for all the people who find this thread and not only the person who asked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it is not that simple.  It involves examining the sesx in detail as well as interrogating each of the media files and applying a fair bit of math.

It is not just the amount of media available to the clip (which can vary if a file needs to be resampled) but where in the clip the start of the media begins - looped clips are generally the culprit for that particular scenario.
Another way is to try and create a 'reference' OMF (rather than an embedded/encapsulated OMF) and then see if PT opens it. PT will probably complain and then truncate the offending clips but it will produce an error report which should at least help you isolate the offending clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines