• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fade In and Out effects are grayed out, won't work

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden I cannot Fade In or Out in Audition. Under Clip-->Fade In all of the options (No Fade, Fade In, Crossfade, etc) are grayed out. None of them are working. Likewise for Clip-->Fade Out, same problem. Currently running Audition Build 12.1.4.5. All of my Favorite Effects disappeared at the same time, but I will write up a 2nd post for that. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Are you in Multitrack or Waveform view? They are only enabled in Multitrack.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See other thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve. What's the "other thread" I cannot find another one on this. I have the same problem as Dennis and I use Audition v13.0.13.46.

Thank you 

Emmanuel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other thread referred to is here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me as well! I reinstalled it and had to reset everything back up, but fade in and out is not working. I tried to export application settings from another version I had open on a different computer but that didn't work. Is there something going on with Audition? I am a Voice Actor and I need this to be working correctly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again, see the answer to your question in the other thread you posted in - here. It's quite sufficient to post in a single thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather a testy reply, given that the thread you link to addresses a different problem and does not answer this specific question. I also have Fade In/Out greyed for no explicable reason. No solution yet. This isn't at all related to Effects Favorites. I still need an answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two other thread links. Perhaps you should try both of them before complaining about my attempts to keep the forum relatively easy to search.

Link 1 

Link 2 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, and both of these linked threads do not answer the question.  Not even close.  The question has nothing to do with Favorites.  It is the fact that the non-Favorite "Clip" menu options Fade In and Fade Out are disabled.  Whether I select a clip or don't select anything, these two permanent options from the Clip menu are greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you in Multitrack or Waveform view? They are only enabled in Multitrack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm in waveform view, which is all I use.  I only edit straight recordings - I never ever have any need to "mix" anything, which is why I find this to be supremely disappointing.  I was a very long-time user of Cool Edit Pro before Adobe unfortunately bought it, followed by Audition CS3, which still didn't have this ridiculous requirement.  Requiring the user to start a new session in multitrack view just to - *fade a selection* - seems like a crazy downgrade in user experience.  Is there no easy way to get around this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no easy way, but there are ways, of course. They all involve cutting and pasting to a new waveform, using the whole-file fades on just the bit you want, reinserting and removing the original. Yes that's a pain - cannot deny it!

What would almost certainly be better, and quite useful, would be to have a system where the fade controls, instead of staying at the ends of the file, moved temporarily to the ends of whatever selection you made. I think that this would get around most if not all of the problems you are experiencing. The slight snag is that I believe that the developers might take a bit of convincing - they are trying to wean editing tasks away from Waveform view, as far as I can tell.

Yes, one or two things used to work better in CEP, and others have been lost along the way, but in general I find that I prefer Audition these days, as much because of the integration with Premiere as anything, although I'm slightly surprised that I think that, I must admit. It was Adobe's original intention in purchasing Syntrillium though. It is also absolutely true that Syntrillium couldn't afford to go on developing CEP - it was either bought out, or it would  have been lost completely. One of life's hard realities, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really unfortunate to hear.  This philosophy of Adobe seems to assume that everyone who uses Audition wants to mix stuff when in fact that's not what "everyone" wants to do.  And besides, what is the benefit of curtailing features in the editor that already work perfectly fine, anyway?  It seems like that's a "nothing to gain" endeavor since those who don't use the features in the audio editor won't care if the features are there, while those who do use them will be frustrated.

Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will attempt to put something forward directly to the developers, but I'm making zero promises about it. The other slight snag is that the people who get listened to most are the big-seat users, some of whom are responsible for 7-figure numbers. What they want gets put in (commercial hari-kiri not to), but everything else - well it will be considered, but unless it's an easy fix it will go a long way down the list...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh cool, thanks.  Didn't know you had those connections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came here for the same reason as MezzoFortissimo and for what it's worth since I'm just one lonely individual who is only spending 5 figures instead of 7, it is utterly baffling to have to use multitrack if you are only editing a single waveform. What is the point of even having a waveform option if it's relatively useless unless the point is to drive someone like me to this forum to figure out why nothing really works in waveform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The seven-figure numbers I'm referring to are the number of 'seats' that an organisation has of CC. You've licenced one seat, they've licenced millions. No I am not exaggerating. They, quite realistically, figure that they have six orders of magnitude more influence than you or I do because of the degree to which they are propping up Adobe's payroll.

What this means is that if I put forward a good idea, they might run it past their big customers. If they say no, then pretty much forget it, unless it is so wonderful that it's a complete no-brainer. Those are rare...

This is the way business works. In some ways it sucks, but if you're an Adobe employee, it helps if you can keep putting food on your table, doesn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 01, 2024 Jun 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agree 100%, in fact, if I did want to mix something Audition would not be my first choice, I would much rather use A.....n Live or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ...

Did you ever discover how to enable the "No Fade, Fade In, Crossfade, etc. are grayed out"   mystery ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's answered further up the thread; they don't work in Waveform view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

I have two random clips over lapping in multitrack view, but crossfade, punch in and a few others are still greyed out. Can you advise ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since some of those are unrelated, (and you haven't specified exactly which items you are talking about anyway) you'll have to provide screen-grabs of what you are talking about. Also check in the View menu that the view options are enabled, and in Clip that automatic crossfades are enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a very long absence I've installed Audition v 1.5 on my windows 10 machine.  It's happy with the serial number and doen't moan about registering.

In a previous thread I enquired about crossfades being greyed out and the tracks don't have the small grey box to drag and sculpt the fade profile in multitrack mode. I'm guessing it's just not an option on V 1.5 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. You'd have been better off tracking down a copy of the unlocked Audition 3 and its serial number - that has crossfading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have V 3  but as sod's law would have it the programme is on a SSD that has become corrupted.

I have recovered all the components of the programme but what the data recovery writers don't tell you is after retrieval all you have is fragments with no map to help rebuild a complete disc. It's a little like receiving a jigsaw puzzle without the box lid.

I along with many others it would seem can't find any links to download the illusive unlocked version of Audition 3 and anyway, I'm sure your'e not at liberty to comment ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines