Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to combine 2 or more Audition sessions/projects

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again!

Once again I did try to find an answer before posting and couldn't find an one, so hoping to rely once again on the fabulous brains that reside here!

Okay...I have a 30 minute drama podcast. I would like to create a separate Audition multitrack session/project for each scene so I can work it to death without getting all tangled up in a 30 minute timeline.

Once I get all 8 scenes edited, each in their own Audition multitrack session, I would then need to combine them along with the opening and closing sesx into one master session.

How do I stitch together multiple sesx files into one uber session?

Thank you a huge ton in advance!!!!!

Aimee

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you're using Windows, have a look at http://www.aatranslator.com.au/sesx2sesx.html

It is designed to do exactly what you want, though I think you will need to add one session at a time and gradually build up to your final version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to say that LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I would be more tempted to mix down each section on it's own and then join them all the mixed audio together in a separate master mixdown session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ryclark wrote:

Although I would be more tempted to mix down each section on it's own and then join them all the mixed audio together in a separate master mixdown session.

So would I...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I understand this is an old thread, but I gave the sesx2sesx a try - but the appended project is linking the wrong audio files. I tried on both the latest CC 2018 Build 11.0.2.2 and a CC 2017 release Build 10.1.1.11.

Say we have Project 1 and Project 2 to combine. After sesx2sesx combines the 2 - the resulting session file is named Project 1+2.

Project 1 within the session Project 1+2 is good: all audio files are correct, track names, bus tracks, video track, etc.

BUT Project 2 has problems. Clips are locked in position correctly, tracks are named accordingly and even bus tracks and routing are preserved - but the audio files that are linked to the clips are wrong. When you trace back the file path, indeed it is pointing to the correct destination - but the audio files are wrong.

Any chance someone else is experiencing the same issue?

I'm trying to get in touch with the developer but all links around the site lead to a dead end.

Thanks,

Bryan Dumaguina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MonoxideWorks  wrote

I'm trying to get in touch with the developer but all links around the site lead to a dead end.

Strange - but there's an exceedingly good chance that he'll see this post, so expect some contact, initially here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received that audio file and it gets played in the clip it should be played in and if I go to waveform view that is the audio that gets displayed
Maybe I'm missing something but I see nothing wrong with this conversion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SteveG: Yes a very good chance I would see this 😉

@MonoxideWorks: Email your two session files to  info at aatranslator dot com dot au
It is 3:20am so I will check them out tomorrow (after coffee) 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are still awake at that time you will need an awful lot of coffee in the morning I would think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very observant LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, @SuiteSpot! A little time has gone by (it’s July 2019) but Google brought me here, and Sesx2Sesx just saved the day for me. Brilliant little tool. You have a donation waiting in PayPal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received two .OMF files for a feature film and want to combine them into a single Audition project. The main reason is that I'd like to place tracks for the two "halves" onto the same audio mix channels so any inserted effects will be consistent. I really don't want to edit this in two sections, as there is music and sound design that spans where one section stops and the second one begins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm probably missing something but I don't see a question here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question but I didn't see the answer... I have Audition on Mac and I want to open up several different windows to edit a radio play into one master file, cutting and pasting between windows... anyone know how or if you can?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there's only one Multitrack window available at any given time - you can't run two Audition sessions using the same version at the same time either.

If you're using a PC, it's not actually a problem creating a combined project in a single window, even if you have several sources to combine. The reason that you didn't see an answer is probably because SuiteSpot reckons that the way to do it is already covered above; if you have more than one session, you append them together and manipulate them from there. Your difficulty with this though is that you're using a Mac and sesx2sesx is Windows-based, and I don't think there's much chance of this altering, somehow. So your only real option is to assemble it from scratch - which is what I'd do anyway. Fortunately the one thing you can do that will help a lot is that you can have more than one session loaded and open at the same time - you can copy and paste between them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SteveG is correct but I will add that it is possible to run sesx2sesx on a Mac using WineBottler PM me for instructions though if you are stuck send me the sesx files and I will combine them for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand that the most comfortable thing to do for most mixers might be treat each session as a single entity and bounce them all to a master session just as ryclark suggested originally. I've been doing this for years. That said, when I started using Premiere recently, I was thrilled to find that I could make a sequence of sequences and have all edits and minor adjustments in the sub-sequences be reflected in the master sequence without having to re-export. This, I feel, beggs the question: why can't Audition do this too? Or am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines