• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My tracks are separated in frequency display by strange lines? Any fix for this?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

So I'm editing an episode of a podcast and has to clean it up a bit in a multitrack session before mixing it down and putting the finishing touches on it in waveform frequency display. I started listening to the file and noticed there there are weird lines of negative space breaking up the audio files of the guests. They are all from Microsoft Teams, but besides that I'm not sure why this could be. The sound is not terribly off but I wonder if it was because I inserted it into a preset multitrack session template. Is there anyway to undo said lines? 

TOPICS
Audio hardware , How to , Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

The trouble here is that those aren't lines, they're gaps in the spectrum - it's a case of something's not there. And you really don't know what is missing. The chances are that this is nothing more than an artifact of the coding that Microsoft use; whatever it is, there isn't really anything you can do about it. Just to be sure, look at the files in Waveform view - if you can still see the same thing happening, it isn't the template...

On the subject of templates, the one thing you really don

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trouble here is that those aren't lines, they're gaps in the spectrum - it's a case of something's not there. And you really don't know what is missing. The chances are that this is nothing more than an artifact of the coding that Microsoft use; whatever it is, there isn't really anything you can do about it. Just to be sure, look at the files in Waveform view - if you can still see the same thing happening, it isn't the template...

On the subject of templates, the one thing you really don't want to do is use the Podcast template. If you use that, then you need to remove every single effect they added to it - none of them help a 'normal' podcast at all, and they have been the root cause of many problems, especially for beginners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I plugged the original audio into Waveform view and it seems to be something about that podcast template. I made a fresh multitrack session and plugged in the default vocal enhancer to great success. I appreciate the response Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines