Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

online activation of Audition 3 is no longer possible

Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who do not know - Adobe no longer has activation servers for AA3. Anyone know a workaround for not being able to activate AA3 anymore. I've had to do a new install. Disabling activation is quite an astonishing move by Adobe if this really is the case

thanks, Greg

TOPICS
Version 3 and earlier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

I need to point out a few things to you. Firstly, Adobe made Audition 3 available freely until last year. The decision to withdraw it, and all other versions of almost any software apart from the current and -1 versions was not effectively made by Adobe - it was based on legal advice regarding something quite specific, and we are absolutely not allowed to discuss it. Secondly, if you can locate the software download and its serial number it will still work fine, and there's still help available

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've just hit this as well. To fix it you need to visit this site here http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/creative-suite-2-activation-end-life.html where Adobe have instructions for downloading a version of AA3 that does not require activation.

Kind regards,

Emma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thankyou Emma - that does the trick - shame the helpdesk chat person did not know about the solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If either of you had looked, you'd have found the FAQ I posted about this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2013 Feb 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the new file install after uninstalling my original Audition 3, but it will not run.  An error message says there is another version running.  I uninstalled Audition and deleted all directories I can find containing Audition programs.  The new adobe files for Audition still will not run.  How can I get around this "other versions running" error message?  Thank you. Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty convinced that this error has something to do with not deactivating the previous version when you uninstall it, or the deactivation being unsuccessful due to the activation server not being around any more. You may have to contact the chat line (aka 'help' desk) and see if they can cancel the previous activation manually, although I don't hold out a lot of hope...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 02, 2013 Mar 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received advice from "Audition Bugs" at adobe and modifying the registry worked.  I was successful installing Audition 3.0 from Adobe's site.  I can obviously make no guarantees.  Modify your registry at your own risk.  The changes are:

"The activation method used in Audition 3 introduced problems when drives

were cloned. Fortunately, Adobe has moved away from this method since

then, but for these situations with the older releases, here are the steps

for a full manual removal:

These steps should wipe almost all traces of Audition from the system and

allow it to be reinstalled. If you're on a 64-bit Vista or Windows 7

system, some of the folder names may be different, for instance"

"C:\Program Files (x32)\" instead of just "C:\Program Files\".

Delete folders:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Audition 3.0\

C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{53C141BA-4F9E-43FB-B4F9-0C01BB716FA8}

Delete these Registry groups:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Features\4CF9FE68902F02547B1E7CFFE0BEFDFF

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Features\AB141C35E9F4BF344B9FC010BB17F68A

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\AB141C35E9F4BF344B9FC010BB17F68A

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Audition\3.0\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Adobe\Audition\3.0\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Installer\Features\4CF9FE68902F02547B1E7CFFE0BE

FDFF

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Installer\Features\AB141C35E9F4BF344B9FC010BB17

F68A

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Installer\Products\4CF9FE68902F02547B1E7CFFE0BE

FDFF

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Installer\Products\AB141C35E9F4BF344B9FC010BB17

F68A

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\User

Data\S-1-5-18\Products\4CF9FE68902F02547B1E7CFFE0BEFDFF

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\User

Data\S-1-5-18\Products\AB141C35E9F4BF344B9FC010BB17F68A

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{53C

141BA-4F9E-43FB-B4F9-0C01BB716FA8}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adob

e Audition 3.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2013 Mar 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back about this, Ken. I'll add the information to the FAQ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2013 Jul 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Audition 3.0 using Add/Remove programs, then checked the registry for the items you list and found none of them. I also deleted the folders you suggest.

I downloaded the non-activation version and installed it. When I run the installer it asks for my language and then goes away. Nothing is installed. No error messages.

Zip.  What am I missing?

And more to the point, is there any other multi-track sound editing software that is as good or better than Adobe Audition that I might try?

Thanks,

Bill M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wfmcgill wrote:

And more to the point, is there any other multi-track sound editing software that is as good or better than Adobe Audition that I might try?

I'm afraid not, certainly at the price it is. There absolutely isn't anything better at a sensible price, or I'd be using it. If you want a list of approximately what's out there, have a look at this:

http://sound-editing-software.findthebest.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reaper http://reaper.fm/ is very good for multitrack audio editing - I prefer it to Audition. However Reaper has less of the processing and sound editing capabilities for individual audio files that Audition has. I use them both in combination. What sort of individual file manipulations are you wanting to do?

also this has had some good reports http://acondigital.com/products/acoustica-audio-editor/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want something seriously better, then you have to consider programs like Pyramix (make sure you're sitting down when you read the price) or SADiE (similar warning). Pretty much everything else cheaper has significant limitations, especially in single-track editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I record live concerts using an Alesis HD24 multi-track recorder to capture 8 tracks. I've been using Audition to mix them down to stereo, adjusting gains etc.

I was able to install Audition 3.0 on another computer, but I would still like to have it on my main computer. When I uninstalled the old verson I specified the advanced uninstall option that was supposed to deactivate it and remove all traces. I checked the registry for the keys mentioned by KenG and found none. When I try to install the downloaded version, it asks for my language preference then flashes a sceen that says "preparing to install" and then nothing happens.

I guess i"ll just migrate over to the other machine

Thanks for the info on other audio editors

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slightly OT, but...

wfmcgill wrote:

I record live concerts using an Alesis HD24 multi-track recorder to capture 8 tracks. I've been using Audition to mix them down to stereo, adjusting gains etc.

This is much the safest way of doing it. I've used the XR version of the HD24 for years, and on location, this feels a lot safer than relying on software. I've only ever used Audition as a backup on location, except for once when it was the only thing there was room for (really!) - and I really didn't like that gig at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Reaper and it looks very good for what I want to do. And I qualify for the discounted price, so this looks like a winner. Thanks for the recommendation.

Bill M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. I have installed it from new link and Audition 3 runs fine now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Please how do I get the link to download AA3 from? I followed all the instructions on the http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/creative-suite-2-activation-end-life.html link, but all I could find for AA£ was an AA£ 3.0.1 patch. Please help out... thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you get to that site click on 2. Download and Install CS2 Applications. Then click on English. Audition is about half way down the page. Click and download ADBEAudition_ESD1_WWEFGJIS.exe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks ryclark - thats the link i needed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it didn't work

uninstalled the Audition 3 I bought

reinstalled this A3 from the link you kindly gave

It STILL comes up with a dialogue to enter the various codes

Then it kicks me out and won't install at all

What do I do now?????

I guess if I hadn't installed my A3 from the disc then this wouldn't have happened

But then I wouldn't have known the telephone and online registration were discontinued would I

I love this software and use it every day as a freelance but feel let down.by the people I bought it from

Why not just publish some codes to activate the old product here -  or set up an online code generator so we can continue to enjoy the excellent software we bought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay - all calm

Sorted now

Go here

Download Adobe Acrobat 7 and Adobe Creative Suite 2 products

You have to click on the language to display a list of software to download and the appropriate activation keys

Got there in the end    '-(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MIne still wants a serial number...anyone can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to have AA3 working now is to follow the advice above and download the online linked version which requires the serial number that is shown alongside the download link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see a serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found the correct download for AA3? The serial numbers of all the available software are shown in the column on the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines