• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please point to file management tutorial/resource for Adobe Audition

New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Community. I bounce into Audition from Premiere for a little audio editing and find it's always telling me I'm about to run out of disk space. I have removed temporary files, etc. I have also cleared cached from within Audition. Now it's telling me "Audition has reached the limit of audio data it can use. Please close some files to continue." 

Which files does it want me to close? I only have the one audio file open. Where should I go to delete? Thanks in advance! 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit short of any information here. For a start, is this happening on a Mac or a PC? Is Premiere still open when you do this? One thing you should check is what's set in Edit>Preferences>Memory - you need a reasonable balance of RAM allocated between the apps. But mostly this appears to happen when you have a very high number of backup files set, and a very short saving interval between creating them. So if you go to Edit>Preferences>Autosave, what are the settings in there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SteveG! 

I'm on PC. When it happens I am getting to Audition through Premiere Pro by right-clicking & selecting Edit Clip in Adobe Audition. Yes, Premiere is still open when I do so. I actually don't know how to close PP and hold onto the current audio file (not lose it) if I were to close PPro. I've seriously just started learning PP and love it but I'm driving a Ferrari like a VW. As for Audition, haven't even started tinkering around yet.

Total RAM 32

RAM for other 3

RAM for Adobe cc 29

Autosave settings: Every 15. I'm not creating a large number of backups and do regularly clear them. 

Thank you much, SteveG! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say 'clear them', do you mean go to Edit>Preferences>Media & Disk Cache and use the 'clean' button on the Shared Media Cache Database? If not, it's a good idea to do that regularly anyway. Other than that, it's worth creating a new temp file for Audition that isn't in the same space as the Windows one - that has been known to cause a few space issues as well, because of the OS's antics in the same space. For media, a temp space dedicated to it is always a good idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again Steve!

Yes, I use the "clean" button on the Shared Media Cache. 

I'm still getting the same message which started my search. Here it is below: 

"Audition has reached the limit of audio data it can use. Please close some files to continue."

Which files does it want me to close? How do I find and close audio files the message seems to suggest as being open? From my perspective, I only have the one audio file open i.e. the one I brought in from Premiere Pro to audio edit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines