• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Importing Favorites, Presets, etc.

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've just installed Audition and Audition Beta on a new Windows 10 desktop, and although I've been to:

C:\Users\'Username'\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Audition [or Audition (Beta)]\ 

...on my old computer and copied the relevant folders and then pasted them into the directory on the new computer, the only thing that seems to have migrated over is my custom workspace. None of my presets are there, none of my favorites are there, and none of my keyboard shortcuts are there.

Am I missing something? Surely there is a way to move all those things over when I install Audition on a new machine?

Thanks,

Brian

TOPICS
Export , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

I think that for this to work, you have to delete the installed folder in its entirety and replace it with the one from the old installation. Just pasting them into an existing folder doesn't work, because the startup procedure finds a legitimate version (the one that it installed) and uses that - so it ignores what you pasted in. The reason that the custom workspaces work is because you've added them as separate entities - in other words, they didn't exist at all in your new installation. To a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that for this to work, you have to delete the installed folder in its entirety and replace it with the one from the old installation. Just pasting them into an existing folder doesn't work, because the startup procedure finds a legitimate version (the one that it installed) and uses that - so it ignores what you pasted in. The reason that the custom workspaces work is because you've added them as separate entities - in other words, they didn't exist at all in your new installation. To a degree it's possible to do additions to existing folders for other preferences, but it involves editing the .xml files, and isn't for the faint-hearted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Steve! Not only did that do the trick, but I was able to use the same procedure to migrate the settings, etc. that I currently have in Audition Beta over to Audition, which I've been meaning to do for a while but wasn't sure if it was possible.

Thanks again - I sincerely appreciate your help.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines