• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording in waveform but not in multitrack

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to record a phone conversation with Alesis iO2 audio interface and Adobe Audition. To the left channel I have a mic connected, to the right one - the telephone.

When I record in waveform - it's okayish, but the right channel (from the phone) is too loud and results in overdrive. Hardware gain reduction is not enough.

So I thought I would record in multitrack and use Audition mixer to reduce the right channel. But the multitrack is not recording at all, despite setting input devices on Track 1 and Track 2 and toggling the power on both tracks. What am I doing wrong?

Sorry if my vocabulary is a little rough, I'm new to sound editing and don't have much experience.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

A couple of things: In Multitrack you have to select the 'R' button on any given track before it will record - did you do that?

Record set in Multitrack.JPG

Secondly, the Auditon mixer doesn't function as any sort of input attenuator - Audition has no control over incoming levels at all - that's entirely down to your sound device. And if you have an overload at the input, physical attenuation is your only answer - whatever you use. Normally you get sufficient attenuation if you select line level as your input - on the Al

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of things: In Multitrack you have to select the 'R' button on any given track before it will record - did you do that?

Record set in Multitrack.JPG

Secondly, the Auditon mixer doesn't function as any sort of input attenuator - Audition has no control over incoming levels at all - that's entirely down to your sound device. And if you have an overload at the input, physical attenuation is your only answer - whatever you use. Normally you get sufficient attenuation if you select line level as your input - on the Alesis that would be the guitar input you'd use, but there is also a line attenuator device available for this purpose - I don't know where you are, but in the UK, Amazon sell them - Headset buddy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much. Indeed, I didn't toggle the record button. Now it works!

I'll get the line attenuator as you recommend. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines