• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stops Recording

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition CC 2017 randomly quits recording an audio file.  Usually after about 20 minutes.

I have Windows 10, Screen and Sleep are both turned off in forever mode.

Any ideas as to what is causing this?  No other application, including browser is running.

This started happening towards the middle of May.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

cliffw93434226  wrote

I kept seeing the windows is interupping audition audio settings, found on YouTube a tutorial on pro tools how to uninstall all of window audio drivers in the sound menu. Select speaker and everything enabled and right click and disable, even in recording tap, once you do that your AISO4all will take over everything and windows audio will now have no control

I'm afraid that's absolutely not true. ASIO4ALL provides a link between ASIO-based software engines - like Audition's -

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then there's something wrong with your computer. If this wasn't the case, then everybody would be suffering the same way, and they're simply not. Are you absolutely sure that it's not in 'timed record' mode? If it is, and it's set like this:

Timed recording.JPG

Then what you've reported is exactly what you'll get if you hit the record button without resetting anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens on all 4 computers. All have been freshly reinstalled to see if it was a operating system issue. And I don't have timed recording activated. I feel that this is a windows update issue. Something changed on Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, and I'm on a Mac. Also not in timed recording mode, and I'm recording in the waveform view. I rarely record in multitrack, as I'm just recording a solo vocal and not mixing it with anything. Is there a particular reason multitrack recording is better, for recording spoken vocals?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please put your build, version, and sound device in a message please. Please state what you were doing when this is happening. Maybe we can work something out.

Well its not a windows problem now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tangofilly  wrote

I rarely record in multitrack, as I'm just recording a solo vocal and not mixing it with anything. Is there a particular reason multitrack recording is better, for recording spoken vocals?

Recording in Multitrack view is somewhat safer since the audio data is saved directly to disc what ever you are recording. The audio data when recording in the Waveform view is saved in a temporary file on your computer and isn't made into a permanently safely saved file until you do a Save As of the recorded audio. Thus it is possible for the audio data to become corrupted before it is safe.

So in addition to Keynote91's request for additional system info it might be helpful to also record where your Audition Audio Disk Cache file paths are set to in Preferences/Media & Disk Cache?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems Adobe

isn't on their toes on this stuff I think what happens is when you click off the program it stops recording because the focus isn't there... it's a long stretch but it seems to be an Adobe problem there are s ok me online things for example town of Salem that use Adobe flash and whenever you leave the tab for something else the Adobe flash stops working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well a lot of us also use Windows 10 and don't have a problem with recordings stopping. But also most us who record audio professionally mostly use external USB audio interfaces which come with manufacturer supplied ASIO drivers which bypass the operating system completely. Audition is only able to record the audio data sent to it by the audio drivers. If that data stream is interrupted so is Audition's recording, although usually in the past it has been obvious when this happens since the cursor used to stop moving.

So it isn't necessarily an Adobe Audition problem but certainly something to do with Win 10, Windows audio drivers and hardware.

P.S. Also never happened to me when using Audition in Win 7 for many years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac, so it's definitely not just a Windows issue...

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I disagree!

I am having the same problem where my audio stops recording in a multitrack session when we record our podcast.

Here's the things to know:

1. I'm using Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 1560

2. Sample rate or whatever has been tried in 512 and anything higher all the way to 2048 I think. Same problems on each setting

3. I am using ASIO driver, with the UMC Behringer selected.

4. Multitrack only

5. I've tried recording to my 1TB internal HD, as well as my 512GB external SSD (WD Passport) and my 4TB HD (WD Passport) -- all to no avail... neither method solves my problem.

I know my machine is capable of recording audio, the interface should be fine, so why is it stopping recording all the time? We have lost SO MUCH good material in the podcast because of this problem.

I am going to download Audacity for now because it seems like it's the only solution to this problem.

Let me know if you have any pointers!

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what is the solution if it's interrupting it? I also use a USB interface, so why isn't it bypassing the Windows 10 system? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ryclark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

frankdavalos  wrote

So what is the solution if it's interrupting it? I also use a USB interface, so why isn't it bypassing the Windows 10 system? Thanks!

Specifically, what is the make and model of your USB interface?  Does it have a dedicated ASIO driver and if so, have you installed it?  If the answer is No then you are using the Win 10 system audio drivers etc.  There is no alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

emmrecs

It's a Behringer UMC404HD: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UMC404HD--behringer-u-phoria-umc404hd

How can I check if it has an ASIO driver? I definitely installed all of the driver's on the Behringer website!

Thanks so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see no reference to an ASIO driver being available or used in your interface. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install Windows Driver 4.38 from the Download page at UMC404HD | Interfaces | Computer Audio | Behringer | Categories | MUSIC Tribe . That contains the ASIO drivers for Windows. Then make sure that you select ASIO in Device Class in Audition's Audio Hardware preferences and the UHD from the Device drop down list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryclark,

I redownloaded the drivers, and it still stops randomly recording. We recorded a podcast on Friday, and it stopped around 47 minutes, and then a couple times more after that.

I don't know why it's doing this. My computer has to be good enough to record audio. The USB interface, not sure if it has something to do with that? I am honestly SO tired of this issue and it's so embarrassing when we have guests and it randomly stops recording.

If you guys have ANY solutions at all, it would be dearly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to make sure that Power Saving is off for the USB ports where your audio interface is plugged into. Also that there are no other software running at the same time that might try to take over your audio device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, I repaired windows OS which reinstalled OS, then I reinstalled Adobe audition and reloaded asio4all driver, disabled my sound card and used my USB interface as well as had audition take control of sound interface and made sure windows sound settings were disabled. What I gathered from forums is that windows tries to take over sound interface when Adobe stops recording. Now when I go in to windows sound settings it should not in control of windows but audition has exclusive control in the preferences settings. I made this change 2 weeks ago and I've been recording long segments and have not experienced that problem again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FRIGGG... If only I knew how to do all that.

Do you lose any data by reinstalling OS?

Also, how did you disable your sound card, and have audition take control of the sound interface? Also, how do you disable windows sound settings?

Haha sorry man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to give you the steps when I get back to studio, what youvwant to do

is create a restore point on your computer now, just type in search on the

steps. Just in case you lose settings you will still have them. Also I

store my audio on a separate drive outside of c drive where windows is

installed, and I also use cloud drive like box net to store my audio in

case I get problems with drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For now as a backup I recorded my sessions on audacity, saved it in wav 32

bit float format and imported into audition to edit, which is frustrating

until I found this solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does it mean when you load audition and the load dialogue stops at

“session” and disappear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crash report dialogue appts and I already submitted problem but

audition keeps doing the same thing after reinstall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve it's not an individual's computer its windows 10 as you can see everyone on here is a windows 10 user who's complaining. And no it's not in timed mode I checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am Windows 7 home and Pro versions. Did it also on my XP machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines