• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I export this to a 16-bit mp3 file?

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. So I recorded something with Audacity, now I want to export this wav. to a 16-bit mp3 audio file, however it shows it's 32-bit (float)...

Why is that and how can I actually create an mp3-file that's 16-bit?
https://imgur.com/a/fDbuU7G

P.S. It's for a short voice over narration (never done this professionaly before) and now my client tells me they want me to send them an mp3 audio file with the following specs: 16-bit, 44.1 KHz, 128 Kbit/s.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

What you did in the first place is correct and will have saved a 16bit .mp3 file. However Audition's native editing format is 32 bit floating .wav file. So when Audition opens an audio file whatever format it was originally it is decoded to 32 bit .wav in Audition. That is what you are seeing when you re-open your file in Audition but the actual .mp3 file is what you require. You can check it using MediaInfo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you did in the first place is correct and will have saved a 16bit .mp3 file. However Audition's native editing format is 32 bit floating .wav file. So when Audition opens an audio file whatever format it was originally it is decoded to 32 bit .wav in Audition. That is what you are seeing when you re-open your file in Audition but the actual .mp3 file is what you require. You can check it using MediaInfo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much! Everything makes much more sense now !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines