• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR files not opening

Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.dng files randomly not opening in Bridge all of a sudden today. Some files open, other do not. But if I double-click the same file (that wouldn't open in Bridge) in Finder, it opens in ACR as expected. Error messsage says "no files selected" (but they are) or "file is read-only" (which it is not!)

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just closed Bridge 2020 and reopened it.  Now an entire folder of Nov 2019 RAW images has disappeared (it's not in Finder or Trash either).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac, Mojave 10.14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are these files located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you be more specific please with your question?  They're supposed to be on an external hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes OS updates can change permissions especially on external drives.

Can you check the permssions on the folders involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Permissions for the entire folder are “read & write”.

Something else I just noticed is that while that folder appears to be not there, when I did a search in Finder for an image I knew to be in that folder, Finder found the image & pointed to the file that I could not see.  Double-clicking the image file in Finder opened it in ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone have any comments on the files not opening part of my problem?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are trying to get enough information to be able to answer. Your OP wasn't detailed enough for us to do more than guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening again with brand new files just uploaded.  File is selected.  Permissions seem OK to me (2nd screen shot)

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 3.42.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 3.47.50 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - I just double-clicked the file in Finder, and it opened in ACR like I would have expected it to open from Bridge 2020.  My wild guess, a Bridge 2020 bug?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BLHogle,

I've been following this thread and I wonder if you've tried to open any of these dng files from either, clicking on the ACR idon in the top tools

2020-01-11_14-01-35.png

Or by right-clicking (Control-clicking) on the recalcitrant DNG

2020-01-11_14-01-51.png

What happens in either of these options?

Oh, I do have one more question: I almost always convert to DNG (from my CR2 files) during ingestion using Photo Downloader. When I do not do that, I convert using the latest DNG converter. 

Where are these DNG files you are working with come from? Are you converting them (and if so, from what) or are you getting the DNG files from another souce (and if so, from where)?

Thanks for being patient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always convert my camera files to DNG files using Bridge's downloader.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I forgot to answer your first question.

clicking the ACR icon on the Tools bar does not work (get exactly the same error message).

Right-clicking a .dng file & selecting Open In Camera Raw does not work (same error).

RE: a later post by me - Double-clicking a .dng file from Finder does open the file in ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi blhogle,

Yeah, there's something seriously wrong with your instillation.

Please first try rebuilding your Brdge's Preferences, here's some quick instructions"

Resetting Bridges Preferences

If that doesn't work, uninstall Bridge, and PS. When you do this, do this from the Adobe Application (the little cloud/infinity thing on the right side of your menu bar), do NOT simply place the application icons in the trash. They "should" be uninstalling ACR with the other applications. To verify this look in your Hard Drive's Library/Application Support/Adobe/Uninstall and verify that "Acr_12_1.app" is there or not (it should not be). If it is, simply trash that.

Then reinstall the two applications.

I'm going to be out the rest of the day so I'll find out what happened tomorrow, good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bad news.  Re-setting Bridge Preferences did not make any difference.  I uninstalled both Bridge 2020 & PS CC 2020, then reinstalled.  Still no luck.  Slight difference now though - when I double-click a DNG file in Bridge, nothing happens; I don't even get the error message.  Same thing when I right-click & choose Open....  But when I click the "Open in Camera Raw" icon at the top, then I get the message.  And again, if I go to Finder & double-click the file or right-click & choose "Open...", PC CC opens then ACR opens & the file is there and adjustments can be made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a feeling this is an issue with your drive and not Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How so?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I see a one-off problem its not the application, its something with your system. Troubleshooting can be tough but narrowing it down is the first step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What suggestions do you have for "narrowing it (the root cause) down?  I'm not a tech guy.  I have no idea where to start, other that what I've done so far (re-set Preferences; uninstall & reinstall).  Why do you think Bridge 2019 works just great, but Bridge 2020 does not on my computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - Bridge 2019 seems to work just fine.  A double-clicked image open ACR/PC CC 2020 as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Blhogle,

As Lunigraphics stated, you have a one-off issue. At this point in time it's fairly easy to say that something wrong happened to the instillation. 

About the only thing I can think of at this point is for you to use the Adobe Cleaner Tool. How and when to use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool | Advanced steps

Follow the instructions on that web page and it SHOULD solve your problem. 

Let us know if this works and bountiful thanks for your patience,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion.  I'm going to be away from my desktop for 2 weeks, so I probably won't try this until I get back.  I'll let you know then what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up on this after trying all the suggestions with no luck.  But a couple days ago, I installed Bridge 2020, v10.1.0.163 & updated Photoshop to the very latest version.

Things seemed to work fine yesterday while I fumbled around getting used to the new ACR interface.  Then this afternoon, a file folder (RAW images for the month of June) is no longer visible in Bridge.  It was there one second, then it was not.  Shortly before that when I would try to set a Label back to "No label" - it would not do it and it turned the preview into a tiny thumbnail on my screen.  I could not see the folder in Finder when I looked there, but when I did a search on a partial file name from June, Finder showed my the images.  Any thoughts/suggestions would be most welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines