• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge 14.1 is not compatible with macOS 11.7.10

Explorer ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the release of Adobe Bridge 14.1 today, Bridge will no longer open in Big Sur.

Be aware if you have auto update turned on you will need to uninstall and install version 14.0.4

Same thing happened with Photoshop 25.7

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-photoshop-25-7-on-macos-11-7-1-does-not-la...

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Download and install , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is documented in the system requirements.

https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yet Adobes auto update feature updated Bridge to 14.1 as well as the info pallet showing it is compatable "with this device" which it can tell is running Big Sur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix is to get off Big Sur and upgrade to Sonoma. Don't know what else to tell you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why you're trolling these posts and offering no help other than repeatedly pointing out the obvious.

Not upset that we can't run the latest updates, just letting others know that Adobe has neglected to implement their requirements through their auto updates and most of their documentation. They seem to be able to do this with other software (Lr, Pr, Ae...) so I'm sure this was simply overlooked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big Sur is not supported by Apple or Adobe. Its not trolling to point that out, especially for others who read these forums and who might not know that updates are even available. You have your answer, I'm not sure why YOU keep posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe does not support Big Sur then why does their Creative Cloud desktop app auto update the software and show that it is compatable? That's all I'm trying to get across for people serching for an answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix is to get off Big Sur and upgrade to Sonoma. Don't know what else to tell you.

By @Lumigraphics

You are incorrectly using the word "fix". Sounds like trolling to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Boodlums _ , he's not, and I'd use the same word. 

This is nothing that Adobe can "fix." This is nothing that Apple can "fix." Getting a new car will also not "fix" this. From that standpoint, the "fix" is to update your computer or continue using older versions of Bridge.

There is no trolling going on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2024 May 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not a fix. A fix is a way to get it to work WITHOUT upgrading. Otherwise the answer would be "There is no fix. Your only options are to update your computer or use an older version."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge was working fine on my machine until it did an automatic update, now it won't open.  I have an old mac running Big Sur.  I may need to reinstall an older version of Bridge.  How do I do this?  Help and the virtual assistant seem to be of no use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big Sur is now obsolete and no longer supported by either Apple or Adobe.

https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/system-requirements.html

You can try installing v13 from the Adobe CC app, but the best bet is to upgrade your computer to Monterey or Ventura at least. Most likely, Monterey will also be unsupported this fall when the next version of macOS is released.

https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/system-requirements/2023.html

Adobe only supports the current version and one back. If you can still install version 12 (2022) that's IMHO the best current version available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I cannot see how to install version 13, which I think is what I had which worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app, click the ellipsis next to "Open" in the All apps view and select Uninstall to uninstall 14.1. Then select Other versions and install Bridge 14.0.4
unnamed.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get a window like the one pictured.  In the All Apps view, when I click on the ellipsis next to Open in Bridge, my only options are View Product Details, Manage Plugins, and Uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and sharing your feedback.

We recently updated one of our dependencies which has created this unintended issue for users on Big Sur. We are working towards a change to allow launch of Bridge on Big Sur for now. We will keep you posted once a release is out with that change. For current set of workarounds, please refer to this link.

But at the same time, we are also evaluating not allowing installation of Bridge on BigSur for future releases. This is because as per Bridge System Requirements, BigSur is not a supported MacOS version as some of our dependencies (For e.g. video library) require MacOS Monterey and above.

We appreciate your patience and encourage everyone to consider updating to the recommended macOS versions to ensure optimal performance and compatibility with our applications.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support!
Bridge Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you likely know, Big Sur is out of support with Apple and Monterey will be out of support this fall when the next version of macOS comes out.

On the flip side, I still use Bridge 12 because of the slew of issues and breakage of my workflow in the newer releases. I REALLY need that to still be available in case of problems where I'd need to reinstall. I'm a working pro product photographer and simply can't use Bridge 13/14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem too. I'm fine if Adobe decides not to support Big Sur.  SIMPLY inform the user the new version does not support Big Sur and don't have it installed and overwritten without telling us and leave us wondering what happen - it makes me feel Adobe is a ordinary company but I know it isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the most updated version of sonoma.

Bridge crashes during startup.

Has been totally unusual for me for 2 months now.

Happened almost 2 years ago with version 12. Then one of the updates to 13 inexplicably fixed it.

Now here we go again.

Just another day at the ranch with adobe....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have just released a new Adobe Bridge 2024 Beta build (14.1.1.271) which fixes this issue. We would love for you to try it out and share feedback.

For a complete list of fixed issues, please refer to community post announcement: https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-beta-is-now-available-14-1-1/m-p/1467...

Regards,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, so good. 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Doesnt work for me.

Crashes with beachball on start.

Time to get your act together adobe, wouldnt you think?

Nah.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines