• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch rename options to Change Case?

Participant ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, after collaborating on creating assets our team has realized it would have been ideal to be consistent with file name Case Usage (DOH). Is there a way to batch rename to 'Sentence or Lower Case?

Thanks in advance! 
JA

TOPICS
How to , Image processor , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

To change all to lowercases get in folder with your files, select all, and Tools > Batch Rename:

Renaming.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, Sentence Case or Title Case should be a native feature. I'd vote for the idea/feature request!

Bridge already has lowercase and UPPERCASE.

I made this work back in 2019, with some limitations and only for two words, as the task was around names:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/using-batch-rename-to-change-filenames-to-title-ca...

I suppose that this could be extended for more words, however, it would probably need to be setup to account for the longest quantity of words.

Otherwise, a Bridge script should be able to do this. I find scripting Bridge to be hard, it could also be scripted in Photoshop where I would likely have a better chance of success...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your files in same folder? Give examples of 'before / after' names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kukurykus, thanks for your interest and any help! Sorry for the delay I just double checked and my reply yesterday didn't go through 😕

Here's a sampling of our erratic naming conventions and two solutions that would be fantastic. My preference is for all lower case... but if there were acronyms with any consecutive capital letters it would be nice to keep them  ie V1 for version 1, CA for cancer, DX for diagnosis etc (bonus for that, consistency is more important)

Thanks in advance!

Change_Case.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To change all to lowercases get in folder with your files, select all, and Tools > Batch Rename:

Renaming.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NICE! I was totally blind to that for some reason. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines