• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2019 Crashing Frequently

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my version of bridge last week to 2019 9.0.2.219 when deleting files it often crashes, this can be when I delete a lot of files or just a few. This forces me to Force quit and open bridge again. 

I get this when right clicking and moving to trash and also when using Command + Delete

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Iain

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Iain_bru,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Request you to submit crash logs whenever you encounter crash again. Also please enter your email ID while submitting a crash , which will help us filter out your crash report for investigation.

In the mean while,  you can continue to use older versions of Adobe Bridge CC

Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Abhinshek,

I don't get a crash report as I have to force it to quit, I'll pop the older version back on now and see how I get along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cause for me was camera raw 11.3. Uninstalled and rolled back to 11.1, all ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would like to add to this thread, as also seeing a lot of crashes in Bridge CC 2019.

macOS High Sierra | 10.13.16
Adobe Bridge 9.0.3.375

Almost all my crashes are related to handling and editing metadata.

I can consistently crash Bridge by doing the following:

1. Right-click an image that contains metadata.
  2. Choose File Info > Export
  3. Save the XMP metadata in the default folder
  4. Right-click on another image.
  5. Choose File Info > Import, navigate to the previously saved XMP file and select it (use default options), click OK.

at that moment Bridge crashes.

I've also had it crash when just editing a metadata field.

Have tried clearing preferences, purging cache, etc, but the issue persists.

ON THIS TOPIC:

It would be lovely if I could simply right-click an image and 'Copy Metadata Settings' and then right-click another image and 'Apply Metadata Settings' ... similar to how you can copy and reapply CRW settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, when labelling a file, it crashes. Downgraded to 9.0.2.219, same.

High Sierra.

I've sent a crash report.

No change in OS or Adobe applications in last few weeks, except Creative cloud application is up to date.  This is a function I use regularly, but today something has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the crash as soon as I try to use keywords and tick against an existing keyword. As I needed to get dawn/sunrise pictures out to the media this morning this was more than frustrating. I've reverted to a much earlier version of Bridge (9.0.0.204) that seems to be ok so far. I'm on an iMac running Mojave. Not a happy CC customer !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I installed camera raws update On My imac18,3 3.4 Ghz  Bridge CC 2019 keeps crashing after starting up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it. Removed camera raw 11.3, which I discovered had been installed by a colleague on my machine, back to 11.1 and all is well. Colleague has been uninstalled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks to be along the right lines. I've gone back a couple of versions and bridge no longer crashes. However, I no longer have the new Texture slider

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Bridge CC 2018. Everything works. Camera raw 11.3. And new Texture slider )))
Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6, Photoshop CC 2019 20.0.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works for me too, if I need the "Tool" for contact sheets etc I load the Bridge 2019 on a temporary basis. I guess that we won't get a squeak out of Adobe until during the week to fix these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also just gone through a remote session with Adobe - I don't know if anyone else has done this. The session didn't take long ( < twenty minutes ) and it showed that the latest Camera RAW is at fault - we all knew that, but did they ? Anyway, it's now officially logged so I guess we just have to sit back and be patient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Users,

To resolve this issue , please use a lower version of Adobe Camera Raw than 11.3

We are working on fixing this issue and will be sharing an update shortly.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Users,

In order to fix this issue please download the latest version of Adobe Camera Raw (13.1.1) from Creative Cloud  Application.

Please let us know if you face any issues.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Abhishek, this looks to have fixed the issue. Well done !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction: Correct Camera Raw version is 11.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant download or uninstall camera raw!

Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 9.09.09 am.jpg

all options are greyed out on it except "view tutorials" so I can guess Im stuck with this useless, buggy piece of crap that I never use but it is currently destroying my work flow? GREAT ADOBE, KEEP ON SCREWING OVER YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS! I really cant wait until Adobe is sued for every last cent of lost productivity you are responsible for world wide - you'll soon loose every last cent of that 13 + billion in revenue you raised last year by renting us broken software. in the mean-time HOW DO I USE ADOBE BRIDGE? I am trying to do my JOB?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Application and "Check for App Updates" in top right corner . If you still do not see the update , please sign out and sign in again from  Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently creative cloud was in the middle of an update (not that we can TURN THAT OFF or anything like that) so it updated itself and refreshed the settings automatically - god I hate this total lack of control over my system and software. Stop renting us broken crap please, sell us working things instead....yeah right, I hope Adobe gets broken up just crumbles under the weight of its own hubris very soon. peace out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I change a file's star rating inside Bridge and the metadata updates, Bridge crashes. It does it to any file in any folder on any hard drive. I uninstalled Bridge and re-installed it, but it still happens.

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5

Adobe Bridge CC 9.0.3.279

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This problem persists. I recently installed Adobe bridge 2019 and it doesn't even start. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program but it still does not work. Does anyone have this problem now? MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This update does not work. I had automatic updates on and 11.3.1 is already installed, yet Bridge is crashing when indexing. Where can I download 11.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi design-freek,

Request you to submit crash logs whenever you encounter crash again. Also please enter your email ID while submitting a crash , which will help us filter out your crash report for investigation.

Thanks

Swati

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already submitted 2 or 3 crash reports.

Kind Regards

Mark Fogarty

0121 748 9950

Inspired Thinking Group (ITG) Limited. Registered office:

315 Fort Dunlop, Fort Parkway, Birmingham B24 9FD.

Registered in England no. 2967284

Tel: 0121 748 9950.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines