• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2019 interface

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing to voice my extreme displeasure on the changes to the Bridge 2019 interface.  I really liked being able to control the tone of the thumbnail section and the panel section separately in earlier version of Bridge.  I also dislike the placement of a dark border around the thumbnail. Stop trying to make bridge look like Lightroom which I also hate because of its black only interface.

Please go back to the old style or at least give us a legacy checkbox.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Bridge 2018 and after reading about some of the changes to Bridge 2019 I resisted upgrading. Unfortunately due to a hard drive failure I was then forced to take the abomination that is 2019 version.

Please Adobe, listen to what your users are saying and PLEASE stop 'improving' just because you can.

In 2018 I could select a text highlight colour to red or blue which made things a lot easier to see. Now it's grey on grey.

Labels are too small and not easily visible.

Padded area around the thumbnails - what purposes does it serve. None. so take it away. It's not needed nor wanted and reduces the amount of info we can have on screen.

Where has the select all or 'Do I want to select all images?' disappeared to. I wanted to move over 100 images from one folder to another. In the 2018 version I had the option to 'select all' or 'Do I want to do this to all images'. Now I have to confirm each image transfer individually. Like we've got nothing better to do with our time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Users,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback.

We are working on addressing these issues and the fix will be available in next update of Adobe Bridge.

Please continue to share your feedback.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abhishek Seth,

Abhishek.Seth

I just installed latest Bridge 9.1.0.338 and noticed that Image Backdrop slider is bask in the setting and now it's possible to make background completely white in grid view. Thank you for that.

But thumbnail is still have this darker border, that kills the possibility to view images (check for invisible shadow) on the white background.

Thumbnail should not have any border, or there should be an option to turn that border off.

Please look at the screenshot:

Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 12.59.53.png

Please consider that a lot of professionals use your software every second and it's very important that you hear us. We can help you make software better, we're like free beta testers

regards, Olek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We tried to tell them but the Bridge programming team isn't listening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are assuming thats what the preview window is for.

LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking the Adobe designers are going to Silicon Valley parties and talking to people from the Google Material Design team. They hear how wasting screen space with gratuitous padding and leading makes everything look "light, airy and modern".

Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I share your sentiment EXACTLY!!!!!!  I don't think Adobe understands our shared sentiments among professionals.  Abrupt, visual updates like this are rather distracting...and actually affects the way my eye scans through the images. 
I know it sounds like a finicky first world problem....but we DO live in a first world...and this is a first world application that some of us(including myself) have been using for years...and in the case of Photoshop, DECADES. 
I can't imagine there are too many actual photography/design professionals that are coming up with these pointless updates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also drives me nuts! I still use the 2018 version because of the style change.

2018 has no wasted space and is nice and slim. I like having the large preview along with the color key and file name fitting under the thumbnail.

Screenshot (168).png

2019 is just incredibly bulky. Every tab and column are double the thickness, all icons are almost doubled in size, the star and label system looks like we are making selections with the worlds largest magic marker......

In this day and age, I do not know why Adobe does not allow us to customize this entire app, text size, complete layout, and style....

Please revert back to the slim style of 2018. I find it impossible to use. I lost 1/2 of the space on my screen from this "Upgrade".

Screenshot (167).png

Just worthless.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear ya.  I prefer my Bridge workspace to be completely black...with NO gray box around each folder and image.  Not sure why Adobe decided to keep me from my consistent black interface that I previously used. 
WHY EVEN CHANGE THAT OPTION?  IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT.  We professionals are pretty finicky.  Adobe should know that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines