• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2023 - HIGH CPU When Sitting Idle: HERE'S HOW TO STOP IT

Engaged ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was an answer in a different post that I wrote but it needs its own thread, so hopefully Adobe progranmmers will fix this. I just found a WEIRD solution for the insanely high CPU when Bridge 2023 just sits there unused... it works and not sure why. If I start up on Bridge in the Essentals view, the CPU hits around 45-50% and temps go to 85-90C on my MSI M16 Content Creator laptop (Win 11 Pro, 12th gen proc). I've attached an image showing this.

SO, at the bottom of the Bridge window, grab the slider that changes the view percentage, and drag it all the way left, so your thumbnails are super tiny. Your CPU should drop to 0.2% or so. Seriously. Then for me, I dragged the slider back up to about 40% which works for me size-wise, and it's holding steady quite nicely... Bridge is sitting there at less than 1%. I've left it running while I work in Photoshop on other stuff, and Bridge is quiet as a mouse. Hopefully this bug can be addressed and fixed quickly.

If someone could test this on the Mac version, that would be much appreciated!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Hi,

The latest beta build 13.0.4 contains fix for the issue, could you please try and validate if that resolves the issue for you.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-beta-is-now-available-13-0-4/td-p/13898868
Regards,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes crazy.

here: bridge is idle, with one open folder of images. 318.5% processors

NUTS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, 318% on a Mac... so did you try the slider trick with the thumbnails? Did it work for you on the Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try the slider trick and it didnt work. i forgot to take a screenshot, so will do again and post here. but my experience was : slider making thumbnails small: no change; slider making only 1 big image; little better. but still in the 250-300+ range

ps: i have downgraded many of my team's machines to bridge 12 due to crashing. machines: imac 2017/24 in; macpro 2019; all bells and whistles. bridge 13 crashes on startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paulie, tried your tip in Windows 10 and it works! What kind of Adobe voodoo is this?
Seriously though, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, looney! Glad I at least stumbled across it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The latest beta build 13.0.4 contains fix for the issue, could you please try and validate if that resolves the issue for you.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-beta-is-now-available-13-0-4/td-p/138...
Regards,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest Bridge beta solves the problem for me (Windows 11).  I made sure that I had my preview settings set exactly the same in both beta and the release version, which are the standard recommended settings.  My cpu usage at idle with the release version stayed around 40% and with the beta version, with the same folder open, the cpu percentage stays below 5%.  Huge difference!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I downloaded the 13.0.4 Beta and the issue is fixed. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting... I tried this when it was first suggested.  It would work, but only for a short while.  When the thumbnail size was increased, it would resume high CPU usage after a couple of minutes.  With 14.0.0.102, it seems to work permanently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Onward and upward! We're getting there! 😆

appreciate the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines