Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2023 is a massive FAILURE

Enthusiast ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Choice but to Downgrade Bridge to 12.0.3

As too many bugs and changes done to the latest version (13.0), especially give up New Window option for a content tab, so as many other problematic issues while working, this is the first time I'm unable to use an updated application by Adobe.

I can't believe that whoever thought that this update will serve the users is someone who works massively with Bridge. 

Shlomit

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it you're not a power user, using dual+ monitors in your setup (or heck, I use this left-side, right-side on my single larger monitor setup ALL the time).

The issues is the "multiple tabs option" as you said, or the fly-out "thumbnals ONLY" panel as I call it, is it's ONLY THUMBNAILS!!! There's NO folder tree. No ability to easily go into another folder, browse around. Totally cripples my workflow. Can't use it. I'm back to Adobe Bridge 2022 (which seems to run via Rosetta 2 on Mac, meaning it's NOT fully Apple Silicon compatible and ALSO very buggy...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a convoluted system. What was wrong with the file handling in 2022. 2023 is a complet mess. Back to bridge 2022. Yes get rid of bugs. But if the rest is not broken then don't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it seems that modern software today becomes too huge and too complicated to be reliable. Probably smaller software companies will see their chance to come with nicely made not too big and complicated software solution. Looking myself... I am professional photographer and photo retoucher. All I need is small capable app to do my relatively simple tasks. I don't need 3D, AI mambojubmo nonsense. Give me old good tools THAT WORK RELIABLY. That's why I'll gladly switch to another app solution as soon as it comes to market.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dito, add to list Bridge 2023 startup page now only opens with desktop page icons instead of last page viewed. It is a minor issue, but now every morning I have to click through all the folder I was currently working on the night before. With 2022, it popped right up on opening. I am sure there is a setting somewhere, but where o where can it be in the labyrinth? If they only had a manual that would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be checking out Photo Mechanic.  Seems everytime I work. I'm working on screw ups from Adobe, not my actual photography.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The latest Beta build 14.0.0.57 brings back support for 'Multiple Windows' along with a few new features.
For a complete list of features available in the Beta build, please refer to the community post : 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-beta-is-now-available-14-0-0-57/td-p/...

We would love for you to try it out and share feedback.

Regards,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge 2024 (Version 14.0.0.102).
This release brings back support for ‘Multiple Windows’ along with a few new features.

For a complete list of features available in Bridge 2024 (v14.0), please refer to the community post :
https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-14-0-is-now-available/td-p/14081355

Regards,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But it's still horribly slow???? Please go back to 12 and start over. You seem to be building on broken foundations at this moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines