• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2023 issues

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have installed a new Bridge and unfortunately the changes made to it make my earlier workflow very difficult compared to the previous version:

- Enter works like a cursor in the content panel instead of opening files

- preview colors of photos (all types of files) are completely different than displayed in PS. I tried to change the color spaces of the monitors, but it only introduced chaos and I don't know how to go back to the previous settings

- enlarging the size of the thumbnaili using ctrl + scroll does not work, and the magnifying icon under the panel, e.g. "content", overlaps other icons if it is squeezed, making it impossible to use it

- the overall layout is worse in my opinion and it cannot be adjusted to my requirements and habits

I wanted to go back to the older version, but then the cooperation with the new PS does not work (e.g. image processor) and I think I will have to downgrade the PS to the previous version as well, so these new updates do not make much sense to me.

Do other users have it too?

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Image processor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge Beta (13.0.3.686). This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues in this Beta release, click here

Please update or install Bridge Beta via the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Steps to install/update

InstallGo to the Creative Cloud desktop app and select Beta apps in the left sidebar of the Apps panel. Then select install for your beta app.

Update: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 261 Replies 261
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder how long until these issues/ thread is acknowledged

@ m e l a n k a y a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having SO MANY issues with the workflow of this update - and of course, in the thick of my busiest wedding season of the year, where I have tens of thousands of photos to cull and edit.

• Every other time I need to move photos to another location, the menu just....doesn't work and I have to restart for it to work again.
  • Ratings and labels are extremely laggy. Thumbnails and previews are either extremely laggy or don't show up until app restart.
  • When I un-star or un-label a photo, instead of moving on to the next image, it deselects everything, so I have to manually click back on to it -- every single time I de-star an image. (Making my culling time infinitely longer.)
  • If I open a bunch of photos into ACR, and go back into bridge, only a few of those photos are still selected - not all of them or none of them, just a few - so I have to go through and manually re-select the images.
  • The app just randomly crashes, straight up.

The number of problems I'm having goes beyond a simple bug report, and insane to me that this is in a public release. I've never had issues with auto-updating, but now I have to take time out of my extremely busy weekend of editing and long wedding days to research this completely preventable series of problems to MAYBE go back to the last version. This is so unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotta love how when you try to reach out to Adobe with constructive criticism by going "Contact Us" and click "Real help from real people." the next thing that comes up is the "Adobe Virtual Assistant". Says it all. Overpromised. Underdelivered. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find the beta virsion of bridge 2023 works much like the old 2022, just a few small differences but all the functions work for me with photoshio 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the image processor to resize. The new images are washed out.

Please put it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @KentPet, What do you mean by "washed out?" Are you saying the images look like saturation was pulled down? That  the images have no dynamic range?

Please, I have several requests:

1) please provide a screenshot of your Image Processor's settings when this happens.

2) Please provide a screenshot of one of the images before and after.

3) And lastly, in Photoshop in the File (menu) go to -> Scripts -> Image Processor...

This is exactly the same script that shows up in Bridge. Please take the same image(s) and run them through the one hosted by Photoshop. What I'm trying to determine is if the problem is with Bridge (and I cannot understand how that could happen because Bridge has no ability to adjust a single pixel) or if the problem is with Image Processor or in your settings.

So, please help us help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My reply with screen shots did not go through

Kent Pettit

Pettit Photography

(personal information removed by Moderator)

Kent: these boards are seen by anyone. It's not a good idea to leave ANY personal information 1n these forums. 

Moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kent,

On the top of the area where you enter text are some icons for processes. I've circled the icon to place an image. In addition to that icon, you can also drag and drop an image into the text region. Be sure to leave an empty carriage return for the image.

2022-10-30_17-58-22.png

I may not see your screenshots until tomorrow, I'm about to have dinner and call this for the night. Have a great evening (or whatever timezone you're in).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thumbnail_image.pngthumbnail_image.pngthumbnail_image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@qbishon Could you please elaborate on "Enter works like a cursor in the content panel instead of opening files" ?

Can you please provide the following details:

• What steps are you taking when you are facing this issue?
  • What is the expected behaviour?
  • Can you please keep track of the "blue border" around Panels (Content Panel or otherwise) and see where is the "blue border"?

Or if you can attach a small video / gif of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@desinglaIt was like I wrote at the beginning, instead of opening pictures Enter key worked like a cursor - it made the file highlight skip, but I already went back to the old versions of Br and Ps and I don't remember exactly how it worked. Until the new version behaves like the previous one, I don't want to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think any of Adobe engineers or UI designers will read these comments, but oh well i can rant here.

I was enjoying v12 until i checked if there was an update to Bridge last night. I read "2 monitor support" in the features page and immediately downloaded and installed it.

Note to myself: Read every comment to the letter and check every screenshot before you jump blindly installing or updating an Adobe software.

1) Bridge v13 UI was "meh" to say at least until i saw this horrid "Folders" pane and i realised that this won't go well.  (See screenshot)

What in the world a sane person will use this sorting method? Didn't they teach basic things in Computer Science 101 classes?

2) Right click on a thumbnail in the "Content" pane, select "Move To ..." and choose a location. File will be moved to that location but "Folders" pane will forget its current position and jump to the top of the pane...

3) When you work on images in "Content" pane, you can't see which folder you are working on in the "Folders" pane because it isn't highlighted....

4) "Grid Lock" and "Tiles" options aren't working. If you scroll through 1-2 rows, it'll forget what are they for....

These could be fixed if they actually used their product for at least a day before pushing an update. I'm sick of "skip and crowd source the testing phase and fix them whenever we feel like" attitude from major software companies. (Old man yells at  cloud.jpg)

I'm reversing to v12 and won't touch until they fix this mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a week+ of trying to use v.13, I uninstalled it and am enjoying good 'ol version 12.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old version was buggy and slow as well. I would not call it "good" old.

But now that we know the new version, the old one looks much much better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the new update I am unable to export ANYTHING. I am going crazy and have photos due for clients. Have tried restarting my computer multiple times, I have a ton of storage space, any other tips? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have been frustrated by all of the above stupid-crazy 'improvements' in Bridge 2023. Surprised there aren't even more comments here. Except that I understand something else even more significant: who wants to be spending time here on this thread when they could be working productively? EXCEPT that Adobe has broken the very tool for that work?

I gave up after losing a half-hour in research to discover that, instead of 'open new window' there is 'open new content pane' or some such. Which •might• be acceptable but it requires navigating a drop-down menu -- and SUB-menu to find the command. Instead of Cmd-N, in Mac.

Nuts to have to stop everything and learn from zero, again. But it got worse. The wonderful new 'content panel' lacks some very useful interface widgets, especially the sort-by feature in the previous Bridge windows. I use that constantly to find material that may come up one way by name and another by say date modified.

A very little digging and it is as if this is a completely new app. I don't have time -- under the gun for getting some WORK out -- so this is truly dismaying. It wasn't broke. Yes I now have a silicon mac, so the dangle of Bridge now re-written for silicon, oh boy! Who could resist!

Back to Bridge 12 and see ya later.  Boooooo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS no idea what 'Explorer' means but just for the record: PS user since 2.5.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just sayin': PS user since 2.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't take this as defending Adobe please, just helping out.
The shortcut is only changed, its still there (cmd-shift-n). And yes, that is silly, why Adobe? I think its absurd you can't make your own/change existing shortcuts to begin with but you dont need to use the menu. (and use Illustrator's version, why Photoshop and Indesign have no search in the shortcut menu is beyond me)

You can also click the little + on the content panel

I still have 'sort by' when I rightclick. So that too is still there.

Fully agree that this feels like a beta product though.. Its not polished at all.

I'm adapting my workflow to the new panels and in parts I really like the customizability of it. I love no longer being limited to a three column layout.

But there are just so many little annoyances. Many of them hard to comprehend.
The simplest things like no more sidebutton navigation, why break the back button?! A basic feature in every app.
Why is the folder name on the content panel is limited to a handful of characters, often not enough to show the entire folder name? Just silly.
Why the content panel (when having multiple open) only shows a tiny square to know which one is active instead of just giving the entire top bar of it a colour to instantly let you know which one is. Who designed this UI?
Why Workspaces no longer record the apps position and size. Just silly.
And there are a dozen more of these "why' moments when working with it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem on my pc I still bride 2022 but when I have to do work for school (photoshop) 2023 bridge is way too big for me to click anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have killed Export again. It locks up the other functions you must wait for it to complete before doing anything else!! Do they have any idea the amount of wasted time this takes up? I might as well use image processor! back to the old version until this is changed. I can't afford to drink that much tea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brdige 13 will not preview large psd / psb files.

I have large psb files and have no issue in Bridge 12 when the thumbnail size is increased from 1,000mb to 250,000 mb (Do not process files larger than...)

It would seem that the increase does not register as when I test I can see everything less than 1,000 but nothing over.

I've reverted back to 12Process files larger than.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding it is getting worse.  Open an image from Bridge into camera raw and two images show up.  Very frequently work an image in camear raw, try to open in photoshop and it doesn't open, its vanished along with time and effort.  Or sometimes it appears and then photoshop vanishes. 

I was also informaed by tracking software that since I used this site adobe analytics and keyboard follower or some such have their eye on me.  What's that about?

Have people who have reverted to previous versions also reverted to other v's of photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am having trouble with very basic viewing. Overlap of the images and no sidebar arrow to advance to the next image. This is a step backward. I am trying to come up with another work around just to view folder contents. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I mentioned that after posting here I’d discovered that Adobe had tracked me around the web to the German magazine “Der Spiegel.”   My post has been deleted.  Such such feebleness.  David and Goliath. 

There is though an elegant solution to these problems mentioned by all of us in this thread.   Agreement should be reached that after this upgrade Photoshop/Bridge and Raw are PERFECT.  Perfect as in Immaculate Conception.  Only then with they start to mess with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines