• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2023 issues

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have installed a new Bridge and unfortunately the changes made to it make my earlier workflow very difficult compared to the previous version:

- Enter works like a cursor in the content panel instead of opening files

- preview colors of photos (all types of files) are completely different than displayed in PS. I tried to change the color spaces of the monitors, but it only introduced chaos and I don't know how to go back to the previous settings

- enlarging the size of the thumbnaili using ctrl + scroll does not work, and the magnifying icon under the panel, e.g. "content", overlaps other icons if it is squeezed, making it impossible to use it

- the overall layout is worse in my opinion and it cannot be adjusted to my requirements and habits

I wanted to go back to the older version, but then the cooperation with the new PS does not work (e.g. image processor) and I think I will have to downgrade the PS to the previous version as well, so these new updates do not make much sense to me.

Do other users have it too?

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Image processor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge Beta (13.0.3.686). This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues in this Beta release, click here

Please update or install Bridge Beta via the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Steps to install/update

InstallGo to the Creative Cloud desktop app and select Beta apps in the left sidebar of the Apps panel. Then select install for your beta app.

Update: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 261 Replies 261
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you first installed and ran Bridge, there was a What's New screen that explained about content tabs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yeah???  🙂

I bet you read the FULL End User Agreement too! Yes there was. Yes it was not very prominent; the way things have gone, What's New screens and EUA endless scrolls have all blurred into one and the same thing.

IOW, MEGO to the MEGOEUA-th power!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Workflows

If you look at the Content Panel, note the hamburger menu on the right-hand side (three horizontal lines). To the left of the Hamburger menu, you'll see a plus (+) (red arrow). If you click on that, you'll get a new Content Panel. If you click on the option in the Hamburger menu for a new Content Panel (green arrow), you'll also get a new Content Panel.

The primary disadvantage of these two options currently is that either will default to a "home" position and are not likely to provide access to the folder you want. Fortunately, for any Content Panel that is active (note the blue square and blue line circling the Panel), if you go to the Recent icon in the icons on top, if you select a folder from there, it will open up in that Content Panel.

gary_sc_0-1673913335239.png

Likewise, if you select a folder from the Folders Panel. In addition, if you take an image or a folder and drag it to the Bridge icon in the Dock, THAT folder will open in the active Content Panel. Hopefully, soon they will provide both "Open" and "Recent" options in the Hamburger menu.

gary_sc_1-1673913335239.png

If you have a folder with other sub-folders, you can always right-click on one of the subfolders, and it can be opened in a new Content Panel

gary_sc_2-1673913335240.png

Once you have two or more Content Panels, you can drag from one to the other by simply mouse-down on an image (or all selected images), then move the mouse up to the title area of the other Content Panel to make it the active Panel and release. IF YOU MAKE A MISTAKE before you do anything, then Comand/Control-z and you'll be good.

gary_sc_3-1673913335240.png

Note also that extra Content Panels can be placed and/or moved to any other location in the Bridge window. However, be aware that the number of Content Tabs you can open is dependent upon the amount of ram you have, the number of files within the folders, and the number of applications you have running. In other words, YMMV.

gary_sc_4-1673913335240.png

I hope this explains some of the new workflows available to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Gary. You have provided exactly what would have been real nice on day one. I do not excuse myself for my lack of attention going into this new version, but at the same time it has been a case of -- metaphorically -- a lack of sufficient relief in the topography of Adobe's release packaging. How's that?

Yes once one twigs to the content panels, hamburger gizmo, and meaning of new drop-down menu commands most everything is peachy keen. Detatching a content panel from the mother ship renders it deprived of the top-row controls but once the rest of the roadmap is clear that is not a hindrance.

The screenshot would be my 'bible' making plain the various navigation and manipulation functions in the new layout. I wish I had seen it or something as clear, your above scheme included, on day 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @BTyson, I'm sorry to say I wrote the above about a month ago for the first time. Unfortunately, I did not see your plea for help until now. I, like most people here, are volunteers, and while I do try to follow most threads, the number of threads since the release of version 13 has been astronomical. 

I am pleased I was able to help you with this. Do please experiment because you can do much with this as you explore and find more to work with. 

Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary, I made the second post in this thread on 14 November 22. Garyblakemeister replied immediately, and then you posted, also on 14 November, replying to his post which replied to mine:

Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2022

As one who was using Bridge since the very very very beginning (version 1), and one who was using the Bridge 13 beta, these have been interesting reads.

I apologize for continuing to vent, but the stress and waste of human energy units has been ugly. So forgive me a bit of /s/: I'm glad to hear you had found the preceding posts 'interesting'.

I would have kissed your feet for your above clear, sweet explanation. I too have used Bridge from its inception.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Subbi. Could we start by not calling them bug issues? The scrapping of multiple windows was short-sighted and a mistake on the part of the Adobe UX team. What we need is for that ability to be added back - not work-arounds, we need multiple windows. 

From somewhere on Colorado's Continental Divide...
~ fotomatt
linktr.ee/fotomatt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This. 1000000%. Multiple windows. Thank you. @Subbi 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could not agree more! I went back to the previous version of Bridge and I can't update Bridge or Photoshop until they bring back Multiple Windows. I can not edit photos without that feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Subbi  Unfortunately here's the latest bug in 13.0.1.583: When evaluating photos, going from one to the next, and back, and forward, the Preview starts to go blank / gray every other photo. Happens a lot. Like every 5 seconds. 

If not that, the preview switches arbitrarily between the selected photo of two separate tabs. Frankly unusable. 

A couple of months into this, I've come to the point where the sum of DELETED FEATURES and ADDED BUGS has become intolerable to be honest. 

This is not just the worst Bridge update EVER, but the single glitchiest software I have EVER used. Much less paid for. Monthly. 

The people who designed and coded Bridge 12 and prior need to be put back on the task and fix what was not broken. 

Bridge used to be my file browser backbone. I could not believe how people existed WITHOUT Bridge. It has now become a crippled and unreliable piece of software that I wish I didn't have to use. Sorry to be as direct.

Please fix it. Not next year. Now. 

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Direct, but couldn't agree more. Though I'm still using 13 and intend to stick it out, still trying to make it work for me... It just feels unfinished, unpolished. Like you bridge is my backbone and I scoffed my coworkers who relied on simply browsing folders. But no matter how much I like that its become more customizable, no longer limited to the basic three column layout, its just painfully bugged.

At a minimum allow multiple instances to run to give us some return to the multiple windows. I don't care if its in one instance. Butt thats just one of many things that are a downgrade or bugged out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with the incorrect display of colours.

All of my JPEGS look desaturated in the Bridge Preview pane. However in the thumnail the colours look correct. When I open the JPEGS in Photoshop or Preview the colours are fine, so it's just the Bridge Preview pane that is displaying them incorrectly.

Any ideas? I use it all the time for reviewing design files so this is very annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've given up, returned  to Bridge 2022.  Seems to work with Photoshop 2023. 

I was wondering if  Adobe had decided to ditch Photoshop/Bridge and simply market Lightroom? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge 13.0.1 generates previews that do not show the colours correctly. The "Presentation" or "Review Mode" view are thus superfluous!
This was not a problem for Bridge 2022!
Why is Adobe releasing an update that is inferior to the previous version in so many aspects?

MacOs Ventura13.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am on an iMac running MacOS Monterey 12.2.1 

1. The red (Red/Orange/Green) button in upper left. Actually closes and QUITS Bridge.

In PS and previously in Bridge it minimized it but left it Open. 

2. It is not possible to add a panel tab to the Content tab (Used to have content and Preview as tabs one could toggle between them in the same basic panel.  Now one has to go to an entirely separate screen with its own content and preview 

3. Metadata .

In earlier releases the thing called the Metadata "Placard" would show the exposure, file size and other important info about the selected image. Well after starting Bridge sthis shows up. I've got Metadata on my Essentials screen. But when I go to any other screen (Preview, filmstrip etc) and then return to Essentials the data is GONE and cannot be viewd until Bridge is closed and reopened.  The Metadata sub headings - Properties, Core etc are not sticky and close when one switches screens fri=om say Essentials to Preview and back 

4. I'm sure there is more.

Adobe support says many are known issues and Bridge 2023 is "locked" 

Fixes not likely before end of month??? Hope they are a lot sooner .Not a happy customer.

Whever approved this release must really screwed up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh .. forgot ... the trash bucket is now called the BIN as in "Move to Bin "

Further evidence this was developped in a vacuum of colonial British English 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a baffling change to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Allo mate. Couldn't agree more. 😏🥸

31942-monty-python-s-looney-bin-windows-front-cover.jpg

From somewhere on Colorado's Continental Divide...
~ fotomatt
linktr.ee/fotomatt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another Bug.

MacOS Monterey Current 12.x.x

So I have stacked images .Click on the number to open the stack. Bridge used to keep all the stacked images selected. Now it only selects the top image. Trying to select all of the images can be a challenge 

If I want to change the star ratings on all (4) of the images and I press the star on the opened stack it selects ONLY the image immediately clicked.

The width (number of images in a row) varies from folder to folder - suddenly it becomres variable in size 

Somtimes 5 images, sometimes 4 images 

The size of the images in a panel varies dynamically even as I'm watching it with no hands touching mouse or keyboard sometimes obscuring the text belonging to the image above in the previous row 

This just gets worse and worse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I write just to acknowledge all of the comments -- and laments. I've been signed up to Adobe with and account and use of PS, Bridge, and more for almost 30 years. I have NOT been a forum regular although I have, from time to time, browsed, usually to look for solutions to whatever odd difficulty I'd fallen into at the moment.

This is different. I posted a couple of weeks back of my frustration with the 2023 Bridge, and I went back to 2022 immediately. The long list of troubles affect me oddly, on one hand confirming that to wait for a better revision is a good idea -- but also by intriguing me to MAYBE reinstall 2023 and give it another shot.

What happens, usually, is that in the  flow of things Adobe hits you with the upgrade or new version announcement out of the blue -- you are in your workflow and •bam• there it is with the temptation to drop everything NOW and get on it. (Adobe not unique of course.) So if you do interrupt what you are doing, or even succumb to that FOMO or just-get-on-with-it sensation, and install the new, and it all goes pretty well, you won't feel too put out that yes you did interrupt something and yes it took a little time to move up to the new version.

So this time, as we all see, Adobe really jumped the shark. Even its contributors grant that much. I'm impressed by the reasonableness among most posters also, and especially with the complaint that hey in this wonderful universe of apps, should it not be doable to have 'both' -- in so many instances of changes that took away something that had been perfectly fine for many -- maybe a majority -- of ongoing users.

Why hadn't the Adobe-ists sat around the coffee table and schmoozed this one to the hilt, before the release?

(Oh. No coffee tables any more. And hard to 'schmooze' exactly -- around a ping-pong table during a match.)

I apologize for slipping towards irony if not sarcasm. I am giving weight to the considerable Bad Thing that has happened with 2023. As we all know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious about an unrelated detail: the email messages that come to my inbox with posts in this thread lack any kind of padding on the left margin. Seems odd. Why? See screen shot--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BTyson all messages from the Adobe forums do this. I have no idea why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workflow > Resize has also issues. It finishes the job but no output files at all.

----

Bridge 2023

Windows 11 (22H2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Dibek 

Could you please confirm for which file format you are trying the resize operation in workflow and what behavior you are observing, that would help to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Swati

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Swati,

I want to batch resize some jpeg files using Workflow. It finishes resizing job, creates a link to a folder where the final files would have been added. But, nothing in there. Folder is empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines