• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2023 issues

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have installed a new Bridge and unfortunately the changes made to it make my earlier workflow very difficult compared to the previous version:

- Enter works like a cursor in the content panel instead of opening files

- preview colors of photos (all types of files) are completely different than displayed in PS. I tried to change the color spaces of the monitors, but it only introduced chaos and I don't know how to go back to the previous settings

- enlarging the size of the thumbnaili using ctrl + scroll does not work, and the magnifying icon under the panel, e.g. "content", overlaps other icons if it is squeezed, making it impossible to use it

- the overall layout is worse in my opinion and it cannot be adjusted to my requirements and habits

I wanted to go back to the older version, but then the cooperation with the new PS does not work (e.g. image processor) and I think I will have to downgrade the PS to the previous version as well, so these new updates do not make much sense to me.

Do other users have it too?

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Image processor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge Beta (13.0.3.686). This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues in this Beta release, click here

Please update or install Bridge Beta via the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Steps to install/update

InstallGo to the Creative Cloud desktop app and select Beta apps in the left sidebar of the Apps panel. Then select install for your beta app.

Update: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 261 Replies 261
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed the 13.0.1 but didn't help to fix my problem. Now, Workflow even didn't start the resizing process. It just hangs. Annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing 13.0.1, I receive the following errors while doing a resize job in workflow:workflow-error-1.jpgworkflow-error-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found what my problem is. Workflow has difficulty to write to the destination if found non-latin characters in the path. I changed them to latin characters, now it works ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Many of the issues reported in the thread are fixed in the latest patch release #13.0.1.583. Please install and confirm if that fixes the issue.
You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of the most irritating bugs seem fixed for me.

Ctrl/cmd-scroll to size thumbnails seems to take a lot of 'clicks' to zoom a level, making it feel a bit sluggish.Starting smallest it only takes one 'click'of the wheel, but the larger you get it needs increasingly many clicks. It oddly enough seems tied to how large the content panel is. The bigger it is, the more responsive it seems.`In 'tilde/fullscreen its very responsive, but in make it a third of the screen or smaller and it gets sluggish.

Also, the loupe is still incredibly sluggish/unresponsive. Dragging it is near impossible. (not noted in patch, so expected behaviour, wish it wasn't though).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Rahul Saraogi  

- Looks like my 2nd main issue has been fixed, the selector doesn't jump erratically any more when returning one folder level up. Insanity averted. 

- My 1st main issue is that which most people seem to have had when opening Bridge 13 in the first place. No more NEW WINDOW. This MUST be addressed and re-introduced. I realize you needed to fix the bugs first, to make this work for the time being. Much appreciated! For the next update of Bridge, please bring back NEW WINDOW, along with NEW TABS - I guess we can all see the benefit of having BOTH. I think it's a rather pressing item to re-introduce, as I know many users incl. myself have already begun to look for and work with alternatives... 

NEW WINDOW. Please. 

Thank you!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you planning on bringing back the ability to have several windows open? Unless you bring back that feature I will not be able to update to the new version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my knowledge, they are looking at possibilities. Keep in mind they just fixed a slew of bugs, a truly herculean process. 

Adobe does not let folks know when things will be released or what's going to be released. We are all in the dark on any specifics. So, please hang in there. There are many who very much want this to happen. 

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Breaking something massively and then fixing it somewhat is not a herculean achievement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you followed this link you would be impressed with how long the list of 'fixed' issues is:

https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html#nov-22

My favorite items are https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-bugs/p-acr-hosted-by-bridge-results-in-parsing-error-when-... and best of all, https://adobebridge.uservoice.com/forums/905377-report-bugs/suggestions/45844279-in-new-bridge-2023-...

Or:

In New Bridge 2023, the Dimensions panel name is misspelled (“Dimentions”)

In New Bridge 2023, the Dimensions panel name is misspelled (“Dimentions”).

Why are things so rushed? Or in the wording on the sign prominently posted in a photo lab where I worked, 'Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always plenty to do it over?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My Bridge is still version 13.0.0. Can we install the patch alone? My updates are being handled by Creative Could Desktop utility automatically. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Dibek Yes, of course, you can update Bridge. This is not a patch, but a whole new written release.

If you look below this message, you can read the process of how to update Bridge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the new release,13.0.1, and there have been no fixes, that I can find, to the issues that I originally reported.

I can not have more than one window open which really causes a work flow problem. When I load new photos it will not open the new folder because it says that Bridge can not handle that. The photo panel is not stable and it seems to jump when trying to look at a photo. I also find that the black dark background with the gray center panel is hard to read. It was better when you could adjust both the center and the outside panels.

I really hope this gets fixed so that it can be used without taking up so much time just using what used to be a time saveing program. Very Frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was no mention of extra window openings at any time. This release did not fail on that because it didn't promise that. It is hoped that they can bring back multiple windows in the future, but that was not mentioned at this release.

When you say that

"When I load new photos it will not open the new folder because it says that Bridge can not handle that."

I do not understand. Can you explain what Bridge is not handling?

Also, you can adjust the center and outside panels. Either that or I do not understand what your focused on.

2022-11-28_12-16-54.png

Let us know

Oh, what your OS is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you try to open a second folder it says Maximum tabs open.

That is not the way it has been in the past.

I understand that the apperance can be adjusted but when the middle choice is picked the center with the photos is adjustable but he information panels to the right and left are dark with white writing . The light version is very bright white. The past versions all parts of the screen were adjustable.

I am using Windows 10 Pro

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, now I think I understand. Either that or I discovered a new bug.

If you have a dark theme and a lighter center section, the selected text reverts to the dark theme if you try to rename a file. 

2022-11-28_12-46-58.png

As far as Content Tabs go, I believe the maximum number of Content Tabs showing different folders is ten. Exactly what are you doing when opening up different folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid to install it 13.0.1.
Has anyone tested it in detail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @qbishon Many of the issues that have been discussed in these forums have been resolved. Certainly, not all yet, but many have.

I do not have a clue whether the issue(s) that have concerned you have been fixed. But it will not hurt to check by installing this new release. 

If you are in the ACC, be sure you are on the Updates tab in the upper left corner. If you are not seeing the Bridge update, please click on the "Check for updates" text in the upper right corner. 

If you still do not see anything to update, please quit and restart ACC. This usually gives ACC the appropriate "dope slap."

You do not need to uninstall the 2022 version to install this release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, after installing both versions at once, 12.0.3 crashes every time I try to preview a photo. Uninstalling 13.0.1 does nothing either. The situation is hopeless, I am stuck with work completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add to these issues, something thats making me crazy:

eache time i copy/move , rename, etc. to any file in a folder,

the "folders" pane resets itself and shows me all the way from "desktop", losing from view the current folder I'm working on. And when you have 500+ SKU folders it's really annoying to have to scroll back all the way to the curren folder I'm working on.

Dear Adobe engenieers, please take note:
As my late uncle used to say:  "If it works, doesn't fix it"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the main reason I went back to Bridge 12. Is the latest update v13.0.1 still behaving this way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today Bridge 12.03 started crashing. Is this an attempt to force us to install 13.01? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed latest versions of Photoshop (24.0.1) and Bridge (13.0.1) and both appear to be working OK so far, with all previous complaints that I had now rectified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I just installed it too and there is a problem with the preview. The colors are broken - different than in PS.

2022-11-25 182957.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @qbishon ,

Thanks for your feedback.
Could you share the following details about the issue:

• Bridge version 
  • Bridge 2022 version (in which you are not observing the issue)
  • OS Version 
  • Monitor color profile of OS
  • Color setting in Edit Menu -> Color Settings dialog
  • The details of the external monitor (if you are using any)

Please share the sample file/files on which you are observing the issue at sharewithbr@adobe.com

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines