• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2023 Keywords Import Not Working Properly

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My keywords .txt file doesn't import properly in Bridge 2023. The same text file imports correctly in Bridge 2022. In Bridge 2023, only 4 lines of 359 lines in the keywords list gets imported. Running Mac OS 12.6. 

TOPICS
Import and export , Keywords

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Are you using apostrophes or single quotes? If you look at the actual keywords.xml file, apostrophes are "&apos" which is used in web notaion.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

That's it! Problem solved. My list is in InDesign. I replaced all the "single quote" apostrophes with "Straight single quotation mark (apostrophe)" option and the list imports correctly and fully in both versions of Bridge.

Thanks everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the file here so we can see how it is formatted?

If you export the default keywords list, can you import it back in ok? What about exporting from Bridge 2022 and importing that list in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is proprietary so I'm not permitted to post the file but I can tell you the file is formatted as a .txt file. The keywords contain sub keywords and it is formatted this way: keyword (end paragraph), (tab) keyword (end paragraph), (tab, tab) keyword (end paragraph). 

It works perfectly fine in Bridge 2022. I deleted the list in both 2022 and 2023 and reimported it to both. End result is it works fine in 2022 and in 2023 the list gets truncated to only the first few lines. Interestingly, when I'm importing the list in 2023 the preview shows the entire list but it doesn't import it.

I have uninstalled 2023 and will use 2022 until the bugs are resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok yeah without the actual list, we can't help with troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @karend23069192 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Could you please share the Bridge 13 version you are using in which you are facing the issue?

There is an issue that gets fixed in the latest version of Bridge 13.0.2 for importing keywords workflow. If you are not already using it, could you please give it a try and let us know if that resolves the issue for you?

Since you cannot share the original file, can you subset it and replace the actual strings with dummy strings like a,b,c, and share it? Share only if the issue is reproducible with this dummy file. Without the file you are using and checking the actual format of the file, it would be really difficult to debug the issue and check the difference between the 2 versions of Bridge.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reinstalled Adobe Bridge. The version is 13.02.636. The problem with the full list not being imported still existed when I tested it. I had a look through my list and have discovered the reason for the list getting truncated and not fully importing. I removed the first apostrophe I saw in the list and reimported. The list imported up until the next apostrophe. I then did a search and replace and removed all the apostophes and then imported the list and this time the full list imported. So the issue seems to be apostrophes. My list is species list so the apostrophes (correct spellings) are required. I'll have to stick with the previous version of Bridge until this is resolved. I won't upload the list as you should be able to reproduce this by adding apostrophes but if you still need it I can shorten the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've discoverd that apostrophes were a problem in Bridge vs 12.0.3.270. Although the list fully imported the apostrophes were replaced with a special character. In the picture below it should read Barrow's Goldeneye but if you look you can see the special character that's been inserted.Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 8.37.15 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We really appreciate the effort you put in @karend23069192 to try out the scenarios. We tried to replicate the issue at our end with Bridge 13.0.2.636 but the issue is not reproducible. Attached is the sample file which we used to "Clear and Import" keywords. Whenever you get a chance, could you please try it? And, once you are able to reproduce the issue with this sample file after making the necessary changes, please share it with us.

RahulSaraogi_0-1674051176389.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using apostrophes or single quotes? If you look at the actual keywords.xml file, apostrophes are "&apos" which is used in web notaion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using single quotes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it! Problem solved. My list is in InDesign. I replaced all the "single quote" apostrophes with "Straight single quotation mark (apostrophe)" option and the list imports correctly and fully in both versions of Bridge.

Thanks everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear for anyone following, the list was originally done in InDesign which I export as a .txt file and import the .txt file into Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @karend23069192, excellent work there.

To clarify differently, it was the curly quotes that fouled things up, but straight quotes did not. 

Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the regular apostrophe keystroke on the keyboard and replaced it using "Straight single quotation mark (apostrophe)" in the InDesign find and replace option.

JPEG-image-A715E643A3B6-1.jpgScreen Shot 2023-01-18 at 1.12.06 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only edit keyword.txt file in Text edit. Never use Word, Indesign or even change format of the .txt file to an .rtf file. you are simply axing for trouble.

... just sayin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines