Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2023 Open New Window

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am looking to open muliple windows in Bridge 2023. It used to be under file > new window .

Does anyone know where to find this feature?

Thanks? 

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You can now create multiple content panels, instead of creating multiple windows in Bridge 2023.

Please refer the following link for the known features/issues - https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/known-issues.html

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

More specifically, you want to choose File > New Content Tab, and if you want to detach that tab and drag it to another location or another display, drag the tab. [UPDATE — August 4, 2023: New Window is back, in a beta version for user testing. For more info, go to: Adobe Bridge Beta is now available (14.0.0.57)]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Hi,

The latest Beta build 14.0.0.57 brings back support for 'Multiple Windows' along with a few new features.
For a complete list of features available in the Beta build, please refer to the community post : 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-beta-is-now-available-14-0-0-57/td-p/13986216

We would love for you to try it out and share feedback.

Regards,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 151 Replies 151
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This change is one of the worst examples of UI updates I have ever seen. I hate it and it is seriously interfering with how I have been/do/and want to work. I wouldn't recomment Photoshop and Bridge to anyone anymore, even if they paid me to do it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree total Fiasco!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terrialbe interface change!

Bring back the New Window!

I read all the comments, tried the contents tab, so much work to do in order to make it look like the main window. The only thing that is good about it is that when reopening Bridge it will open all the contents tab. Still, I prefer the old way, and find this change to be a disaster.

Imagine that any operating system will let you open only one window that has all the info you need with side bars etc., and you can't open another that looks the same. 

Shlomit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrade is a total fail, so many things turned wrong . And so many bugs...my workflow i totaly destroyd.

Do right undo and reset posibilities that has been lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question for Adobe: Are you listening? It's clear you didn't listen to your users when redesigning this fiasco of an interface. For the record I am a professional photographer and college-level professor teaching Adobe software - especially Bridge for imaging (and all) workflow. I have been using Bridge since the early 2000s (?!) and have developed a workflow reliant on multiple windows. As you can see from all the comments your tab system doesn't work. It's fancy and all but it doesn't work. This is clearly a case of a UX team that is too full of itself to see the damage they did to this important Adobe Asset. I hope Adobe will recognize this, admit its error and rebuild from the 2022 version. It's time for Adobe to toss 2023 version in the bin. Oh, and by the way, keep the Brit on the team. I'm happy to throw things in the bin. 

From somewhere on Colorado's Continental Divide...
~ fotomatt
linktr.ee/fotomatt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I emphatically agree with fotomatt, am also a professional photographer with 30 years experience and learned Photoshop in 1993. I no longer recommend Bridge to anyone, though it was once a mandatory part of my curriculum. All my smart students have already left Bridge and Lightroom for Capture 1. There was a time when Adobe software was the industry standard, but those days seem to be over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also full agreement here... over 30 years with adobe and this is THE most irritating, fail yet. I guess my own fault for loving bridge so much that It's one of the reasons i purchase the full adobe monty every month. i LOVE(D) bridge. best kept adobe secret- till now. I used to reccomend it to everyone and show them its advantages...now I'm cringing. and still hanging on to the last version without this tab nonsense. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my last version of Bridge (13.xx) there was the possibility to open several windows with different folders.

I miss it very much in the newest version...this content window thing is really not helpfull. I need the windows to compare folders. PLEASE built in again!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the new tab solution does not work for me. How can I open different windows in which then the naviatgion flow options for the window is within the window. right now it is completely confusion, which tab you navigate, if you detach the tab and make two or more visible to be able to drag and drop. 

3,7 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

OS 12.6

Adobe Bridge 2023 release (13.0.0.562)

Photoshop 24.0.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disaster, idiotic, tell-me-this-isn't-happening - I'm amazed that I have to write this at all. I've often thought that Adobe is genius and moron simultaneously, here's more proof that I was right. And I thought Microsoft couldn't be topped for failed "improvements".
I used to use Bridge for everything, even bookkeeping, it's essentially Windows Explorer and Mac Finder, just much better. Well, now I can't have my multiple windows with a quick key-press. There goes my workflow. 

Oh, and by the way, I'm a seasoned commercial photographer and teach graphic design professionals at college level. So, if Adobe is listening, you can go the way of Kodak and Polaroid and live in your bubble or wake up fast. I would appreciate a sign of life from an Adobe employee in the form of a response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't agree more. Sounds like we have similar backgrounds and use Bridge in a similar fashion for digital asset management. My question remains: Will Adobe wake up and listen or will it continue touting itself while its users scream at the mess they've created? I fear we know the answer. 

From somewhere on Colorado's Continental Divide...
~ fotomatt
linktr.ee/fotomatt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I strongly prefer the ability to open multiple windows as opposed to the multiple content panels.  Hard stop.  Keep the multiple content panels for those who like it but don't take away the ability to open multiple windows.  It's completely intuitive for managing multiple projects and using keyboard shortcuts to toggle between each one.  It's such a fundamental part of my workflow (and I'm obviously not along here), I'm really surprised this was given the green light.  This is akin to removing the ability to use the TAB button to isolate the content + preview panels.  Oh wait, you removed that too.  What a head-scratcher this release is, Adobe.  Did you not consult a single working photographer about these changes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crickets from Adobe on this situation...This tabs feature is pure trash as are these 2 "correct answers"! Not intuitive or user friendly at all, if this is the direction we are forced to go why is ther not a keyboard shortcut to cycle through these open tabs like there was to cycle through open windows when we had the option to use that? At least give us that. You're telling me we have to reach up and scroll through these tabs to choose the one we want to work on like it's 1987?? Garbage! Completely slowing down our workflow. Also when we open a new tab the first place 90% of us want to go to grab a new folder to work from is the desktop. What happened to commad D for Desktop?? Just go back to the way it was and stop trying to be slick, it's not working! Bridge was perfect before, you are killing our workflow 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to go back to the previous version due to this inability to create new windows in Bridge. Please bring back this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have two versions of Bridge installed.
I just updated to version 13.1 hoping this issue had been addressed. But alas no.
The New Window ferature was a major component of my work flow as I use multiple drives.
I also use the Image Processor a lot from Bridge. I can't do that now from Bridge 2022 because it won't link to Photoshop despite reinstalling and trying various options. This is rediculous.

Please bring back the New Window oprion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to completely uninnstall bridge and re-install the previous version, you'll get the image processor function back, I'm guessing it's to do with a registry entry line that identifies the version of photoshop being used, I reinstalled the previous version of PS as well just to be sure. Absolute car crash!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@neale.smith.photo you are half right. There is a link between 2021 Bridge and PS but that's because some features in one need the other.

However, when reinstalling, it's important to install PS after Bridge. This is because the scripts that show up in Bridge come from PS. However, if Bridge is not installed at the time that PS is installed, it looks around and if it doesn't see Bridge, it cannot install the scripts into Bridge.

So ALWAYS install Bridge first before other applications. It's not Adobe's fault, it's just the way things work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an absolute disaster. This new modular system in the UI now has my navigation stuck underneath the top menu bar. I can't close tabs, rearranging panels doesn't help. I can't navigate between folders. I need a fix for this asapBridge2023Broken.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's cute there is a section within Bridge called "Workflow"
anyway, can't close a tab without using a dropdown menu, why not have an X to conveniently close it? Yeah, sounds like Adobe cares about "Workflow"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not fit for purpose; that was very quickly apparent. But the good news is Bridge 2022 still works fine and reverting only took a few minutes. And you can keep the travesty Bridge 2023 installed concurrently so you can run any updates on it to see if they ever fix it. (Once running 2022 again, the automatic updates no longer happen on 2023, you get a notification to run it manually.) Don't suffer; go back to 2022 and work again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running the two causes problems with scripts like image processor specifically, which a lot of folk, including myself use quite regularly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, OK, I wasn't aware of that, as it's not in my current dreadfully dull workflow! In that case, just bin 2023; as we all know, Adobe isn't going to fix it in anything less than a year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's no big deal if you don't use it I guess, at least they make the 2022 versions available so we have that to fall back on, I can understand peoples frustration, but it's a simple fix, wind it back to 2022 and keep hoping Adobe will listen and adapt the newer versions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why reduce functionality so drastically?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need this as well - I need to have 2 windows open to compare the contents, I used to do this a lot with previous versions - I need the "content" and the "preview' tabs wisible for both - hence the 2 windows... Also I tried to open a new Content tab and got the message "Maximum tabs open" 

this really is not functional at all. 

Feature vanished, and Bridge will NOT create new content as per your instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines