Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 9.1 doesn't auto-advance to the next image on delete

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We just installed the new version of Bridge (9.1.0.338) and the first thing we noticed is that when editing, if you delete a file, Bridge no longer auto advances to the next image and if you hit an arrow key, it just jumps you back to the beginning. We tested this on two work stations, and the same issue occurred on the second machine after the update. I searched for a preference but couldn't locate anything. For the moment the workaround is to open batches of images in Camera Raw and then edit there but that seems to inefficient, at best.

Anyone else see this behavior and/or know how to fix it?

Thanks,

Brion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Hi All,

Sorry about the trouble caused.

We have identified this issue and our Engineering team is working on it.

Thanks,

Akash Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this same issue and am also stumped trying to find a solution.  After deleting an image instead of jumping to the next one I just get a blank preview.  There must be some way to enable the auto advance after deleting.  Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! That really is super annoying! Just jacked up the culling process quite a bit!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this same issue. it's verry annoying.

Only in full-screen mode by pressing space bar it jumps to the next picture after deleting the previous!

It's not workabel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.  Very annoying.  The arrow key to go to the next image goes to the first image.  Big time waster!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have identified this issue and our Engineering team is working on it.

Thanks,

Akash Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you will solve soon!

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is probably related (issue started in Bridge 9.0):

If I select multiple images in Bridge (for instance to 'Load into PS as layers') I expect them to stay selected, even if I for instance save the layered image into the same directory afterward. Seems they don't, now: New image is selected for a brief moment, then the image right next to it.

(Posted that here before :Bridge CC : User Interface change wastes space | Photoshop Family Customer Community )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rene,

Could you please record a short video capturing the issue and share it with us?

It will help us reproduce the issue correctly.

Thanks for reporting!

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xx12g30rag62arx/Bridge%20CC%20issue.mp4?dl=0

At the end of the video. Al first it seems to be okay, then it deselects the four images and I end up with JB_20190618_Kaemingk_1199.tif selected (the one to the right of the psd).
Not entirely sure what causes it. Might be the second cmd-tab to switch back & forth between Bridge and PS causing Bridge to hickup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for providing the video.

I tested it on Windows 10 and Mac OS 10.14.5 running Photoshop 20.0.5 and Bridge 9.1, but could not reproduce the issue.

I'd recommend that you share this on our Bridge feedback community here: Photoshop Family Customer Community

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10, Bridge 9.1, and I experienced the same problem. After deleted an image, Bridge did not advance to the next. Imaging you have thousand of images and did not know the current position.

Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spent 30 minutes on the phone with Adobe tech support attempting to resolve this issue.  Apparently it will require a future software update to solve.  We tried every possible fix and nothing changed the failure to auto advance problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please HURRY up and FIX this!, it is a big issue when trying to cull photos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing the missing auto-advance after deleting an image.

In addition, when I select a picture in either Lightbox or Filmstrip, that picture is tagged with a rating system five stars.  The five stars disappear when I advance to the next picture.  No big thing, but maybe worth looking into.....

Ken Welsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that 'that picture is tagged with a rating system five stars'. I think what you're seeing is the 'outline' of the stars. Not sure why anyone thought showing them by default might a good idea, but maybe be they thought it was easier to click them if they were permanently visible (which they should not be IMHO. 'On mouseover' would be plenty)

In this screenshot I gave the image a two star rating, to show the difference:Screenshot 2019-06-28 17.23.09.png .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Rene, you're right.  I am seeing the outline of the five stars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can´t believe that people who get paid so much can´t fix this yet, try using a previos version of Bridge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long til fix please? I am a professional photographer and this is really slowing down my workflow! With thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

Thanks for reporting this issue on our feedback site. Our engineering team looking into this issue. Bridge 9.1 doesn't auto-advance to the next image on delete | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On mac, hitting delete deletes the picture but leaves blank screen, solution, press the space bar to go full screen, then when you hit delete it advances to next shot, hope this helps as a temporary work around.

Normski

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Normski,

Thanks for sharing a workaround with us. This will help other affected users.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I found a solution to our issue. You guys just need to slide the pictures with the full screen preview mode on. Thus, the next picture show up automatically when you delete one.

Peace and love.

RS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a solution ! It's a workaround ! As I said on 20th July !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty unnerving this issue is yet to be fully fixed.  That being said, working from full-screen preview DOES work but frankly, there should be ONLY glitch-free programs coming out of Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines