Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 9.1 doesn't auto-advance to the next image on delete

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We just installed the new version of Bridge (9.1.0.338) and the first thing we noticed is that when editing, if you delete a file, Bridge no longer auto advances to the next image and if you hit an arrow key, it just jumps you back to the beginning. We tested this on two work stations, and the same issue occurred on the second machine after the update. I searched for a preference but couldn't locate anything. For the moment the workaround is to open batches of images in Camera Raw and then edit there but that seems to inefficient, at best.

Anyone else see this behavior and/or know how to fix it?

Thanks,

Brion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Hi All,

Sorry about the trouble caused.

We have identified this issue and our Engineering team is working on it.

Thanks,

Akash Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed the latest update of Bridge and was surprised to see that the delete bug is still there.  Agreed that using full-screen preview is a workaround but it is a less than satisfactory workaround.  I have reverted to an earlier version of Bridge which doesn't have the delete bug. 

Bridge has become an indispensable part of my workflow and the ability to delete multiple images rapidly in Bridge is essential.  The bug makes the latest version unusable for me.  It's not big deal as I can use an earlier version.  I am just surprised that an organisation as large as Adobe with a product as sophisticated as Creative Cloud is prepared to release a product with a bug like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the latest update to Bridge today but the delete bug was still there. I have reverted to 9..0.3. Does anyone know when the bug might be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the latest update to Bridge today but the delete bug was still there. I have reverted to 9..0.3. Does anyone know when the bug might be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is SUPER annoying!!!! How can I revert back to the older Bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you revert back to 9.0.3? I mistakenly updated to 10 and started having this problem. I then reverted back to 9.1 which is all that is offered on the adobe site. The problem is still there. It also happens when I open images into raw. When I close the raw box and go back to Bridge, it doesn't bring me back to the next image any longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank goodness it's not just me - I thought it was a setting preference. PLEASE Adobe, FIX THIS BUG NOW!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It makes me so mad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been fixed yet?!?!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few days ago Adobe advised that this bug is fixed in the upcoming v10.0 of Bridge – but no date for the release yet.

See https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/bridge-9-1-doesnt-auto-advance-to-the-next-im...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't fix it. Adobe???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest fix for now is to go back to Bridge 9.1

I talked to one of thei technicians and after an hour or so of troubleshooting it they suggested this fix.

Not a big problem at all if you ask me, there isnt a really big difference between the two versions anyway, and this feature is crucial for my workflow. Hope this helps.  Fingers crossed for the next Bridge update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to 10.0.1 and the issue is corrected there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Bridge 2020- 10.0.2.131 and after I delete an image it will not auto-advance. Screen goes black. If I hit the arrow key it goes back to frame #1. 

Adobe Engineers; Has the problem not been fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is Feb 8 2020 is thee a fix for this problam.

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to Bridge 10.0.2.131.  When hit ctrl-Delete to delete an image, it automatically advances to the next image.  Sometimes it pauses a second before advancing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We've recently released an update for Bridge which is version 10.0.4.157
This update addresses several issues. Please check more about it here: https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

You can update Bridge through the Creative Cloud Desktop app. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/adobe_application_updater.html#update_cc_apps

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first time that this has happened to me immediately after update 13.0.0.562.  If I delete the jpg photo it does advance to next photo but if I delete both the jpg and NEF photo together, it returns to the start - and that is infuriating. It hasn't happened before - what has changed with this update. Drives me mad when I'm sorting through 200 photos. Deleting one by one is very inefficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to happen every update and i keep forgetting how its been fixed in the past or how i worked around it. Just updaed to 2023 and it's doing it again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The mentioned issue is fixed in the latest patch release #13.0.1.583. Please install and confirm if that fixes the issue.
You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can verify that the latest version of Bridge 13.0.1.583 fixes this problem.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happening with 14.0.0.102.

This on your radar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @pableauxj 

Please confirm if you are facing the issue mentioned in the thread https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/bridge-2023-preview-jumping-forward-2-images-after... or you are observing some other issue.

Please share the details to help us investigate the issue.

Regards,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s the thing. Many thanks.

Pableaux Johnson
New Orleans LA

www.pableaux.com
pableaux@bayoudog.com
phone 504.432-3300
phone 504.432-3300

IG: @pableaux

Gimme a holler, yeah?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any progress on this? It's making BRidge damn near USELESS for culling large image sets. Considering a swap over to PhotoMechinic if Adobe can't get this addressed soon. 

Please advise.

Patient but pissed, 

Px

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines