• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Creating Multiple Files When Downloading

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge is creating multiple copies of photos when I download from my camera.  I'm using a Z7 and running on Windows 10 - Bridge is up to date.  This just started a few days ago.  When I use the Photo Downloader it creates two copies of each photo from my camera - I then have to delete every other one before I start actually downloading.  Anyone have any ideas??

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Gary. I wasn't seeing the files in Advanced Mode or otherwise and never knew they were there until I called Adobe and they helped me reinstall Bridge. It's all there now. Appreciate your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For now the only solution I found is to uncheck the files that appear to be without a thumbnail image. That would avoid creating those unwanted folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could please be more specific as to where these files to uncheck might be?  Thnak you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhh, I just spoke with Adobe and now understand what you were saying. I wasn't even seeing those files/folders. We reinstalled Bridge and now if I uncheck all unnecessary files/folders from the Photo Downloader ( eg. Nikon or D850), I can save copies to the folder I want and just have the necessary files without duplicates etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kurth99
This ingest issue is fixed in the latest Bridge release (version 12.0.2)  that is available today.
Do update to the latest available version.
Find details of other bug fixes here: https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html#may-2022

-Subbi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

After updating yesterday, (12th May 2022), the problem persists and is not fixed.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the update but it did nothing to fix the issue.

-Kurt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you'll need to rebuild Bridge's Preferences. Please try that:

Quit Bridge (if running). Just before clicking on Bridge in the Dock or double-clicking the application, for the Mac, press Command-Option-Shift. For PCs, press Control-Alt -Shift. Then open Bridge BUT KEEP your fingers on those keys until you see a window pop up. From the window, choose “Reset Preferences," "Entire Thumbnail Cache”, and/or "Reset Standard Workspaces.” In your case, choose "Reset Preferences."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that seemed to do the trick.  Thanks for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Win11 and the remedy didn't work. Also the contortionist Cntrl-Alt-Shift doesn't work! Manual deletion of cache doesn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same thing. Importing from a Canon 5D Mark IV, Bridge is duplicating each  raw-file on import.

Whats wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reset preferences suggestion worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having this problem. Reformatting the card seemed to solve it ... at least for the time being. We will see. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines