• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge CS6 Export Panel has stopped working overnight

Participant ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm forced to use Bridge CS6 since Adobe removed to function from CC. It's been working as expected until this morning. In the panel view, all my presets have disappeared and I can't make new ones as all the panel options are shaded out. If I right-click on an image and try to export, my presets are there but nothing happens when I choose one. Its happened on 2 separate installations so isn't isolated problem. I've restarted the software and PC and tried resetting the to factory default with ctl- alt on restart.

If anyone can suggest a fix would be great, but please dont waste your time suggesting Image processor or raw save as an alternative. Nether help work flow and stop me using Photoshop while they are processing and arntfit for purpose. Lightroom is also unusable because of the way we work.

I know its an old version but the feature is gold dust to me and saves hours per day.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please click the link below for KB document for re-enabling the services in Export panel of Adobe Bridge CS6.

Export panel not working in Bridge CS6

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have gone through this exercise for both 32 and 64 bit versions of CS6 Bridge. The Export Panel folder is not being created automatically when restarting Bridge. Trying the other persons idea of just deleting the one file from the folder is not fixing the problem. Old versions of the .swf and .zxp files are gone, though backed up off computer. Suggestions? Deepak Gupta are you still following this thread? Really need the Export to function back for an events photos.

Thanks,

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the answer to my problem. under the Export tab on the left side there is a small drop down menu in the upper right of the box. Selected Manage Modules. Reinstall. Now the Export To function works again. hope this helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate.

However, it still does not work ...

Very boring

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like others, it did not work. I am using CS5.

FYI, the only zxp files I could find in either Program Files folders were at C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Bridge CS5\PublishPanel\factory\zxp
After following the directions, New packages were created in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Bridge CS5\Export Panel\Packages

Selecting an image, right clicking and "Export to..." lists the existing presets, but none of them, nor "Hard drive" do anything.

Also FYI, when I close bridge, a dialog shows up saying, "Quitting Bridge now will clear all queued files from the Export panel and cancel all pending and in progress export jobs. Do you want to quit Bridge?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Deepak_Gupta,

The solution does not work for me. I followed all the instructions and nothing changed. When I changed the date to prior to October 31 as per the other suggestions here, I was able to see the export options again; however, they do not work.

I'm working with multiple large files that I need to resize so that I can organise some 10,000 images without it taking 10,000 years to do so. Bridge used to work perfectly for this.

How else can I resize these images quickly as a batch? I only want to resize them - nothing else.

Thanks for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh look.... here we are four years down the line and it's stopped working again. (Was working fine on 25/10/21, isn't working today, 15/11/21.) Can you resign those zipped files again, Adobe?

Mel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same here....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem again... I hope it gets fixed soon 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be the date thing again.  I changed system time to Nov 8, 2021 and it works.  Changed to Nov 9, 2021 and it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 2 solution pages from Adobe:

https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/export-panel-stopped-working.html dated 2017 and an updated one

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/bridge/kb/export-panel-stopped-working.html dated 2021, but the download link for the file archive.zip containing the zxp-files is the same. I think that Adobe should update the downlod link in the updated solution page for an updated archive.zip with newer zxp-files appropriate for the actual date.

In the meantime the workaround using the freeware RunAsDate still works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does RunAsDate affect the date created or modified date on file metadata?

could someone with some coding knowledge could find out what code is needed to change within those files to make it work til year 2099? just an idea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh i see RunAsDate is for windows, not mac, i tried to search but don't see a similar app for mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The zxp files in the 2021 kb do not work.  The problem should've been permanently fixed in 2017, there is no excuse for a panel to quit working because of a date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would appear that Adobe isn't going to do anything based on a chat this morning.

Thank you for your patience Dennis, I am afraid if we can help you much here as support is no longer available for your product version. Phone and chat support is not available for free or discontinued software or services. You are welcome to visit our Community Support Forum: https://community.adobe.com/ where you can post questions, and potentially find answers for your product version. The forums are updated by other Adobe product users, worth noting that the community experts will not be able to assist with : registration, activation, download, and/or installation issues. We suggest you upgrade to the Creative Cloud membership which includes access to new versions and features as they are released and the Creative Cloud membership keeps your apps current at no additional cost

I don't use the Flickr, Facebook, or Photoshop.com services in the panel, but I do have a few presets saved for the Computer service.  Be nice to compare the original zxp files with the 2017 ones to see what changed and maybe fix them to work now.

I know CS6 is outdated, but it sucks that Adobe would keep a bug in the program where a feature quits working based on a date.  Plus, in the 2017 fix they just pushed it out 4 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich habe das gleiche Problem mit dem Export-Panel – auf zwei unabhängigen Installationen (Mac).

Der Austausch der zxp-files hat keine Lösung gebracht.

Adobe, wann bieten Sie auf der Seite https://helpx.adobe.com/in/bridge/kb/export-panel-stopped-working.html AKTUELLE zxp-files zum Download an?

Die dort verlinkten scheinen immer noch die alten von 2017 zu sein.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

such trash, you buy a program, it shouldn't have functions expire. you shouldn't have to pay for newer more bloated versions of software that you don't need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to conjecture here but a similar thing might have happened a number of years ago with Lightroom Classic. Overnight their map module stopped working. It turns out that Adobe had a contract for Lightroom to use GoogleMaps and that contract had an End of Life stipulation so that when that day was reached, it stopped working. 

A subsequent contract was made (I do not know with whom) and the Map module lives on. But the original contract was over so the versions of LRC do not have a viable Map module.

Whether this is the same issue or not I do not know but this is how functions CAN expire. Talk to any attorney, it happens all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might be the issue as there are 3 services - Facebook, Flickr, & Photoshop.com that could be dated.  The 4th, Save to Hard Drive, should not have a expiration date on it.  Also, any presets should work unless they use Facebook, Flickr, or Photoshop.com.  If one of those 3 are expiration dated then ok, but it shouldn't affect the entire panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue for me.

Of course this is old software, but its fine for me.

Plesae think about sustainability and use of existing Hardware. Think green.

I kindly ask Adobe for an Update. 

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines