• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Flickering

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A thread was closed regarding bridge flickering  (First seen Approx 1 year ago) whilst previewing images appartently lastest update sorted issue 

NOT SO its as bad as ever a epileptic seizure warning needs to be issued 

Its OK for the first 10 or so imaging then goes into complete melt down and makes viewing image impossible I know alot of customers have left and have Photo Mechanic 

TOPICS
Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 121 Replies 121
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mandy,

Can you be a bit more specific on this? 

Was any action taking place to view the flickering, e.g., slideshow, renaming files, etc., or was it just sitting there and flickering?

Any particular OS was this seen in and if so which (and what release)?

Any specific release of Bridge or all of them?

I ask all this becuase I can't say I seen any of the flickering and I use Bridge daily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Mac Big Sur 11.5.2

Current version of Bridge 11.11 

Images loaded into bridge when previewing each imaage in full screen it works fine for around 5-10mins then it starts flickering like a disco, making it impossible to look at image, like a strobe light, this also, but not so often happens when viewing at 100% which makes it impossible to check for image quailty. I havent done any to image apart for view it which is a strain and rather a un pleasurable task

ive purged cache ive changed setting as suggested on the old adobe family and nothing stops it happening 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Review mode or spacebar preview? Where are these images stored and what type of files? (JPEG, PSD, Illustrator, PDF?) Which Mac do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

I have exactly the same problem for about two years now. Tried everything and still no fix. Adobe tech help can only do a temporary fix, then back to the same flicker. Surprised that nobody came up with a fix. Running the latest Mac OS and latest Adobe software. Does not happen with older  2019 version. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks!

Marcel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please.post.more.info.

Is this thumbnails in the content window? Review mode? Full screen? How many images? Are they stored on a local drive? Hardware details, and your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Bridge daily on a variety of both Macs and Windows PCs and have never seen flickering, so yes please give us more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you can check out Adobe Photoshop Family theres four pages of complaints/issues under the heading

Adobe Bridge 10.10.163 version flickers or blinks when iewing thumbnails in full screen mode 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Family is closed down and topics moved here. Again, do you have specifics? Operating system, computer details, what you are doing at the time? And describe "flickering." Again, I have used Bridge almost daily for the last several years as a working pro photographer and have never seen flickering so it would help to get more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Big Sur and like I said, I use this daily and have not seen it. That does NOT mean that you're not seeing it, it's just that I do not use the situation/condition that you are using and I can't figure it out, so please help.

You state when "viewing thumbnails in full screen mode."

I'm sorry but this adds to the confusion: in Full Screen View (e.g., no visible menus and all you see is the image) you can either look at maximum sized images (100% of image size) or in "Review Mode." Neither of which is viewing thumbnails. Thumbnails are what you see in the Content Window.

Can you please take a screenshot of what you're looking at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've posted image of files in bridge  I click on one and I've posted the video of it flickering which is actually slow it will flicker at least x2 every second this happens after about 5-10mins  in those 5-10mins it's a pleasure to use 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A thread was closed regarding bridge flickering listed on Adobe Family in June 2020  whilst previewing images appartently lastest update sorted issue 

NOT SO its as bad as ever a epileptic seizure warning needs to be issued 

Its OK for the first 10 or so imaging then goes into complete melt down and makes viewing image impossible. this is a huge problem and makes the programme impossible to use after the first 5mins I know alot of customers have left and have Photo Mechanic 

DOES ANYONE ELSE STILL HAVE THIS PROBLEM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this, could you please let us know the version of Bridge you're using?

Could you please try resetting the preferences of Adobe Bridge and let us know if it helps? https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahib

thanks put I have done as requested I've had the chat guy take over uninstall and re install I've purged I've tried numerous suggestions nothing works 

All photoshop apps are up to date 

I had a email from. The Bridge Team offering to screen share 

I've rung Adobe to see if I can confirm this is a genuine email I get put through but there's no one there 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not heard of this problem. What are your system specs?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@melissapiccone  I have had the flickering Bridge problem for atleast two years. I have a 27' iMac running the lates OS. Nothing has cahnged. The older version of Bridge has no problems with flickering. Also, I have no problems running Bridge on my Macbook Pro.

It's really surprising that Adobe can't come up with a fix. Makes working with Bridge extremly frustrating.

Any help would be majorly apreciated.

Thanks,

Marcel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry you are still having this problem. I can't reproduce it on either my iMac or Macbook Pro. Hopefully these new replies will pop it up on the forum and get some more attention for you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Bridge preferences, what are your moitor preview settings under the advanced tab?

Has anyone tried changing their  monitor settings to see if it has any effect?

Software rendering vs. monitor size previews vs. nothing selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yes have tried all recent try was generate monitor sized previews this also has made no difference to the flickering/blinking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of files are these?

How were they generated?

Does it occur on all your files?

Have you tried opening them and resaving them in a different format?

I have known AI to create corrupt thumbnails before.

Flushing the cache doesn't help?

We need a clue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon Canon Sony RAW files Tiffs Jpegs yes all files currently im trying to view files at 100% for a culling session and unable to because there is a constant in and out of focus happening 

Im sure im not using the programme any different to others I do know that im not the only person to have this issue I download images via photo downloader into bridge i then click the image to select, then spacebar to see that individual image, this is were the flickering starts after viewing about 10 or so the flickering is then present on all images i view. As said earlier it is also happening at 100% MAc Mine late 2014 all apps upto date 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clip of image viewing at 100% nightmare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cull my RAW images in Bridge using the slideshow option - set to manual. I am a canon user. I recently changed from an IMac to a Mac mini with monitor and still have the problem. Bascially as I scroll through my slideshow the images flicker  -it feels like I'm about to have an epileptic fit! It has been happening since I upgraded Bridge the last time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now experiencing this behavior with the new update - 2023 version. The older version worked fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ich habe dieses Problem genau so.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines