• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge - Maximum Tabs Open

Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After importing images using Bridge I receive a message stating 'Maximum Tabs Open'. Not sure why and what it means. Help/Advice please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Hi @Kalsers and others with the "too many Content tabs open" issue.

Can you please go to Tools (menu) -> Cache -> Purge Cache for (XX) folder

Does that help at all?

Let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Hi Kalsers,

Thanks for your feedback.
Bridge import the files in new content panel if “Open in Bridge” option is selected in Photo Downloader. If you uncheck that option then file import will be done in same content panel.

You can also close some of the content panels and try.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge Beta (13.0.3.686). This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues in this Beta release, click here

Please update or install Bridge Beta via the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Steps to install/update

InstallGo to the Creative Cloud desktop app and select Beta apps in the left sidebar of the Apps panel. Then select install for your beta app.

Update: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, I haven't changed the way I open files.  Help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yes, I am still; having the same issue despite reinstalling Bridge and closing down almost all tabs. Cannot find any additional info through this forum or the usual search engines. Have now stopped using Bridge as my main image catalogue. Pity, as it was great until a few days ago. My iMac info is attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't import images into Bridge. Bridge is a file browser like the Finder. Just navigate to the folder you want to look at, you don't need a bunch of content tabs open at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Actually, you are wrong - sorry. You can import images with Bridge using 'Get Photos from Camera' and then importing, using the Adobe Bridge Photo Downloader'. The images then open up in Bridge for sorting. It is at this point the 'Maximum Open Tabs' appears. I have used this method for years but am only now seeing the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm not wrong. You are NOT importing images "into" Bridge with the Photo Downloader. You are copying them from the memory card to your hard drive and then telling Bridge to display a content tab or window.

Bridge never, ever, ever imports anything. Lightroom. OTOH, does import files into its database.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly what happens with Lightroom and any other similar platform. You use the import function - which Bridge has - and then edit with ACR. Lightroom copies your images to your hard drive in the same way before using the edit function. Semantic is that you are using bridge to import images onto your hard drive but that does not stop the message appearing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @geoffreyk770245 . With all due respect, your understanding of the use of the word "importing" is incorrect here. As Lumigraphics said, Bridge has no importing capabilities. What Photo Downloader does is technically called "ingestion" of images, not importing. Yes, you do occasionaly see that PD will "import" the images, but this is not correct. 

The technical term of "importing" is the act of bringing files and/or data into an application so it can be used (not just observed), by the importing application. All Bridge can do is to "look" at the files. With that said, Bridge has scripts that can interact with Photoshop, Illustrator, and other applications to work with other applications. In addition, Bridge can work with Adobe Camera Raw to make adjustments in images. But nothing imports files into Bridge.

Language is a funny thing and often it's necessary to be precise. I often see adds for scanners saying that it can scan at 2400 dpi. Ignoring that that's very probably an exagerated claim about its resolution, scanners CANNOT scan at 2400 dpi. Rather, it shoud read the (ostensable) 2400 ppi. Simply a Pixel Per Inch is very different than a Dot Per Inch, and the significance of that difference is, well, significant. 

And again, as Lumigraphics stated; Bridge does not import images. And to be technical Adobe Photo Downloader ingests images, it does not import them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct in one sense.   I am having this same issue as of last week.  What is happening, is if I highlight two or more images in the "file explorer" of windows and double click, they try to open in bridge.  But, since last week, I can only highlight one image in file explorer or it will tell me that the maximum number of tabs are open and close down my bridge.  I hope this helps and that adobe gets it fixed soon.  My images are associated with bridge in their properties, so that is why they try to open in bridge when I double click them in "file explorer".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same message appered in last days when I opened Bridge for viewing images. How to solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close some of your open content tabs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done this but the message still appears when the Photo Downloader returns to Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kalsers_0-1673358809376.png

Closing tabs doesnt effect this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I receive the same message. Have clsed all tabs to no avail. This is making Bridge unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kalsers and others with the "too many Content tabs open" issue.

Can you please go to Tools (menu) -> Cache -> Purge Cache for (XX) folder

Does that help at all?

Let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. No more warning message after the purge. Thanks for the tip. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish this helped, but no. Bridge used to be great and my problem is when I search for files using filename (with correct name) and it will not show in the search even when I know for sure it is there. Extremely frustrating! Makes Bridge useless at the moment. Would love some help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @AnitaHamremoen are you searching in the right area? Look at the dropdown to the right of the search field and notice all the ways you can search.

2023-06-27_07-48-22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of mine are open. This is when I highlight one or more files in internet explorer and double click. Since they are associated with bridge in their properties, this opens bridge.  But since last week I get this error of opening too many tabs.  I have been doing this for over 10 years now and never happened before last week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have asked this through Adobe Support but all I have thus far received is a lecture on the Lumigraphics of importing v ingestion of images and that Bridge can only view not ingest/import images. All very interesting but has not addressed my initial - and your - question. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a lecture, but with technical topics we have to be careful not to go down a hole with misunderstanding what you are doing.

As for the Photo Downloader, I recommend not using it. Just copy files with the Finder/Explorer and then do your processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case i dont download images with Bridge, just using it as image viewer and making RAW file edits. If i open only one raw image 'Maximum Tabs Open' message appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Seems to be the way to go and will have to change my initial wrkflow. That said, it is annoying when something does not behave as expected - after all - we are paying for it within the Adobe subscription. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines