• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Photodownloader does not detect my CF Express Card

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since April 2021, have not been able to use Photodownloader in Bridge with my new CFExpress card.  It does not detect it.  It does detect and function with SD card from same camera and card reader.  The CFExpress card is on the desk top.  Adobe has not been able to resolve despite numerous calls and attempts.  Anyone else having this isssue.  Using a work around by directly copying from card to file but it does not convert to DNG as I prefer.   

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

This is a long standing problem and Adobe does know about the issue.

What you are doing is what you need to do (use the Finder). As far as converting to DNG, you can do that on your computer by using the DNG Converter.

Adobe Digital Negative Converterhttps://helpx.adobe.com › camera-raw › using › adobe-dn...

Sorry, for now, that's the best you can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a long standing problem and Adobe does know about the issue.

What you are doing is what you need to do (use the Finder). As far as converting to DNG, you can do that on your computer by using the DNG Converter.

Adobe Digital Negative Converterhttps://helpx.adobe.com › camera-raw › using › adobe-dn...

Sorry, for now, that's the best you can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just saw this post.  I have had this problem for months and many, many calls to Adobe.  However, rather than telling me it is a known issue, they promise to fix it by having "senoir" people work on it.  They even send emails asking if it is fixed.  however, in the end after a few tries, they just stop calling and I have to start over with a new call.   The odd thing is that it works on all but 1 of my computers.   Gary_sc, what is the "finder" you mention.?  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sadakow,

Sorry, I should have written that as Finder/Explorer. My apologies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the most recent Bridge 2023 update 10 18 2022, Bridge quit seeing my CFExpress  card using autorun.  I uninstalled the update and reinstall the previous version of Bridge and bingo Bridge can see my card again.  This is as of 10 21 2022.  It seems to be tied to the version of Bridge.  I did all I could find to do in Windows 10 to no avail.  I thought Windows, as I got an "application not found" error for the drive without Brindge even running.  The 10 18 2022 version of Bridge was the only change to my PC.  I am not sure if this helps anyone but the TREBLEET CFExpress reader had been stable since February 2021 until yesterday when I updated to Bridge 2023.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem using Bridge 13.0.0.502 on Windows 11. It also fails with an XQD card.  In addition to the "application not found" error, thee media list in the photo downloader does not show the card. This was all working in the previous Bridge CC version (2022).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Regarding auto play issue in Windows with Photo Downloader (Bridge 13.0), we are able to reproduce the issue at our end and the team is currently working on the same.

To confirm, are you able to launch  Photo Downloader from Bridge and see TREBLEET CFExpress reader in the list?

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm able to laumch the photo downloader from Bridge. Hower the "get photos from"  list is empty - it does not show my CF express reader nor a XQD card reader. This worked fine in Bridge 2022 with these devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it even prevented the auto launch of the downloader.  When I manually engage downloader it came up but I could not see the CFExpress drive at all.  I am on Windows 10, i7 9700, 32 GB RAW, Geforce 2030 with 8GB RAM.  All worked well before the recent download of Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone in this thread for reporting this. While Windows AutoPlay feature is under investigation, for CFExpress card not coming in the list, we would like to have more information about the setup/hardware you are using

1. Type and model of CFExpress card
2. Model of CFExpress card reader

3. Are you trying to access CFExpress card directly through camera or through card reader?

It would be really helpful if we can get as many inputs as possible to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge does not recognize the CF reader here is the model CFexpress/SD Hiweal USB 3.2 Gen 2 type C , Adobe bridge 13.01.583 Win 11. the card is SABRENT Rocket CFX 512GB CFexpress Type B Memory Card R1700MB/s W1500MB/s (CF-XTBT-512).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sony CFexpress Type b reader and Sandisk Extreme PRO CFexpress not working either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Lightroom sees the card but Bridge does not. It worked fine before the last update. I hope we can fix this Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Phil Mello 

Happy New Year!

We have released the fix to detect CF Express cards in Windows using Auto Play feature in the patch version 13.0.1.583.

There is a known issue where CF Express cards are not detecting if you are not using  Auto Play feature and opening Adobe Photo Downloader from Bridge.

To further better answer/investigate the issue, could you please share the following information?

1. What is the version of Bridge you are using?
  2. System details
  3. If you are on Windows then, is auto-play setting enabled for Bridge 2023? Please check at
    • Control Panel->Hardware and Sound-> AutoPlay for removable drive and Memory Card
    • Windows->Search->AutoPlaySettings. 
    • Please share screenshots of both a and b
  4. Were you accessing CF express card using autoplay setting in the older version of Bridge?
  5. What device are you using (card/card reader model)

We have also released a Beta version 13.0.2.630 after this patch with some additional fixes.

Please refer to the following link for the list of fixed issues and steps to download the latest beta build (Adobe Bridge Beta (13.0.2.630)). 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-beta-is-now-available/td-p/13439655

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix is working for me.  I can now use Photodownloader with my CFExpress cards.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help. It's working now. 

Phil Mello

Big Fish Studio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can confirm on Windows 10 that if you set the AutoPlay Memory Card setting (Settings/Devices/Autoplay) to use Adobe Bridge, it will see the card. If you try to open Bridge and use the photo downloader the normal way, it will not see the card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. Bridge wont recognize "MSVCR100.dll" when i plug any card into a couple different readers. Using windows 11pro, Bridge old version 12 and current version 13.3. When using "Get photos from camera" in BRidge also does nothing, not even bring up a dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Fixes Yet?????

I experienced this issue sometime last year (2022) with my Lexar card reader and Lexar CF Express cards.  The only solution we could find was to roll back to a previous version of Bridge. After the roll back Bridge uploader detected my card reader and I was able to carry on as normal. And by normal I mean when I mount my card in the card reader Bridge uploader automatically launched while the Bridge program was open AND when it was completely closed.

Just recently, in early June 2023, my Bridge program updated and now I'm faced with this issue again of the Bridge uploader not detetecting my card reader. The uploader doesn't detect the card reader even when Bridge running. It doesn't detect the card reader even when I manually launch the uploader from the Bridge file menu or top task bar. The uploader "source' dropdown menu reads "<None Detected>" even after using the <Refresh List> function.

Any fixes?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: One work around was going in and using the "open auto play" function and selecting Open with Bridge. This launches the Bridge Downloader window and it actually reads the card (apologies, i was incorrectly refering to the Adobe Downloader as the "uploader" in my previous post.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue with my new memory card and reader. Adobe Bridge Photo Downloader works fine with my Sony XQD/SD reader and a Sony XQD card. I also connect my Nikon Z8 directly to my PC with a USB-C to USB-C PD cable and Photo Downloader launches and copies my files just fine, see attached XQD Card.pdf file.

When I attach my new Delkin card reader and Delkin cfexpress card, Photo Downloader does not launch. When I manually launch Photo Downloader, the “Get Photos from” field says “None Detected”, see attached CFexpress Card.pdf file.

Is there a fix that can be applied?

Delkin Devices DDREADER-54

Delkin Devices Black 150GB CFexpress Type B

Adobe Bridge 13.0.3.693

Windows 11 Home 64-bit v:22H2 OS Build 22621.1992

RAM 64.0 GB

Intel i7-10700 CPU @2.90 GHz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a prograde CFexpress card reader. Have just decided to install Adobe Bridge and cannot get Bridge to recognise the reader so i am having to drag and drop pictures in Windows Explorer.

Any ideas anyone and TIA

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks - have seen that - but still no answer has arrived or been found

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines