• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I backup the manual sorting order of a folder in Bridge?

Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use the latest version of Adobe Bridge CC 2019 (Win10 Pro) and plan my Instagram feed using the manual sorting order of thumbnails. It works perfectly until one day everything was thrown around and I had to rearrange it again and I did not know what happened and Bridge did not crash... I acutally use a smart collection for this purpose and that smart collection collects all JPEG images within the specified folder (like on the screenshot)

I'm now looking for a solution to backup/save the current sorting order in case it shuffles everything again... Don't want to use another software for that, but also don't want to experience that again. Is there a way (also maybe via Windows registry) to achieve that?

Thx

Jan

screen.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

The information is held in a file called .BridgeSort within the current folder so all you need to do is backup this file.

N.B. not the file has a dot at the beggining of the file name which makes it a hidden file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The information is held in a file called .BridgeSort within the current folder so all you need to do is backup this file.

N.B. not the file has a dot at the beggining of the file name which makes it a hidden file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, there is a ".BridgeSort" file, but it has not been changed for a couple of weeks and the content does not reflect the current files. I'm using a smart collection in which I am sorting the images; it's not directly within the folder itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I didn't read "Smart Collection"

Smart collections usersort I think are kept in a folder called "usersort"

On windows it would be:

C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Bridge CC 2019\UserSort

You would need to back up one of these files, best bet would be to alter the sort order and see which file has the time according to the time you changed the order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How Bridge is connecting right usersort file to right collection file?

Was trying to find out by reading file in notepad but all i see is a list of files in collection, and list of different combination of characters in usersort file 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines