• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant apply animation presets through Bridge

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest CC 2017 and all is up to date.  When I am in After Effects, I know I SHOULD be able to browse in Bridge animation presets and select one and double click it and it should apply to my layer that is selected in my comp.  It gives an error that it is an unsupported file type.  Seems many have experienced this from as far back as at least a couple years ago.  So Adobe cant fix this yet?  Even right clicking and selecting Place in Adobe After Effects doesn't work.  Yes I know there are other ways to apply the presets but the point is, this method is SUPPOSED to work.  When we pay a premium price for a product such as this with this monthly rental thing and the expectations that we will always be able to be updated to the newest and latest, we should have this working by now.  Is there a fix for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Sorry, turns out it was a right click on the file, and apply in AE?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We are working with After Effects team to get this investigated.

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An old bug - but I'm happy to see that this has been fixed in After Effects 15.1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same thing in Bridge.  I can pull presets from the animation presets in AE, but every time I try and import a preset from Bridge - which I'd prefer to do because I can see image files upfront - I get the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @ratt57 are you talking of Bridge 2023? A user reported having to double-click the presets as a work around

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me.  Dragging or doube-clicking on the file, I get the same error message.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled both Bridge and AE 2023 with no change:

error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, turns out it was a right click on the file, and apply in AE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey... that worked!  Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines