• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

El Capitan & Adobe Photo Importer

Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2015 Oct 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photo importer callable from Bridge no longer recognizes my cameras since I installed El Capitan.  I've disabled Apple's Phottos.app from importing.  Is there a workaround, or is it bye-bye Photo Importer for me?  I am of course NOT using CC, but PS 12.last update on a Mac Pro.

--Gene

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Hi everyone,

Also I would request you to keep an eye on this thread - Bridge: Issue using Photo Downloader on Mac OS 10.11 - El Capitan

We will be updating this thread when we have new information.

Regards

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 183 Replies 183
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2015 Oct 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for info, Photo imports also but do not like the layout and file structure "hurdles" so would like to keep using my WF - Bridge and open in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that works.  Thank you.

Edit: I thought this would display a block quote from genenphoto.

For those of you who are losing your minds over this, the Image Capture app that comes with El Capitan will import the raw files from your camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2015 Oct 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, after upgrading my Retina iMac and Mac Pro to El Cap (duh, should have just done one at a time), CS6 Bridge can no longer detect my Nikon D800 camera.  My work around, is to launch iPhoto, import NEFs, then do a export original and exporting the NEFs to a selected directory, which I can then open in Bridge.  Clean up requires then deleting the images in iPhoto which I never wanted them there in the first place.  So, iPhoto became a bridge, to Adobe's bridge product.

I'm really unhappy with the entire CC Cloud thing, I don't know why its being shoved down photographers's throat, most of us don't want that capability.   Instead of collection $19.95 a month from me, how about beta testing critical functionality, like importing images into Bridge, prior to a known and somewhat material Mac OS upgrade?

I would have been much happier remaining loyal and paying my upgrade fee to CS7 with new features to look forward to.  Once CS6 fades, not sure where I will go, but I'm not going to sign up for a monthly subscription in perpetuity where Adobe is less incentivized to innovate their product.  I don't lease cars, I buy them.  And my first pick is not to lease software either.

Common Adobe, listen to us photographers, reverse the decision. 

And also, please fix the import issue.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised at the number of complex workarounds people use here to mimic Bridge's behaviour.

To me, it is not that big a deal. Just use Finder. Create a folder where the photos should go, and drag and drop the files from card to folder. That's how our ancestors used computers, and it still works.

Obviously, I want Adobe and Apple to get their acts together ASAP, but dragging and dropping works for my humble needs.

To the people who are outraged that this problem was not found in beta testing, the problem does not affect everyone or all all devices. A problem that only appears for a minority of users is obviously difficult to find. It would have been better if they had found it, obviously, but I do not see any evidence that it would have been trivial for them to find it.

I still do not know when the problem arises. Mikael can use Bridge with the card reader with his D800 card. I cannot. Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have many photography sessions images in my camera, i have deadlines to get those images to clients and adobe photo importer is not working! Images from camera raw to photoshop is full of white and black boxes. I´m paying every month for Creative Cloud and Photoshop doesn´t work properly. Are you going to do something about that Adobe?!?!?! Why it takes so long?? This way you are going to lose many CC members and I´m going to lose many clients! Do something and quick!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ari Ståhlman,

• As if now i can only provide you a workaround.
    • Copy your images on Desktop in a folder and then access them using Bridge to do your editing.
  • Apologies for the trouble you all are facing, we are rigorously working on this issue to get it fixed asap.

Regards

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2015 Oct 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here after upgrading to el capitan

I can download to camera raw from my camera via photoshop-file-import-images from device

photo downloader recognizes my card on the card reader (as eos digital) and downloads normally

looks like a mac OS problem,so how does this get fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is now update for the El Capitan, but no, still the same problem after upgrading my mac. Adobe downloader DO NOT recognize my camera. I don´t have words anymore, i´m so angry for all about this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please tell me Adobe, when are you going to fix the problem with Photo Downloader in Bridge? I don´t still see my camera or card in downloader!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but it cannot be done because in my Canon camera there is no possibility to do this:  "Change the device mode from PTP/MTP to USB mode/Mass storage mode and then connect the device to your computer". And there is no change with this problem in the new update to El Capitan.

I don´t understand this kind of things will happen nowadays. There are thousands of professional photographers  who´s having this problem now. I have always trusted the Adobe / Apple combination but now it´s little difficult. Our clients will not show a happy face for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ari Ståhlman,

Apologies for all your troubles but as if now there are only two options available,

1. Revert to Yosemite
  2. Wait for the patch from Adobe.

Regards

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I joined this blog early on due to Bridge not recognising my Canon 50D, Nikon Coolpix, or iPhone. I followed the advice Rohit provided suggesting using Image Capture and I'm back in business. for my purposes this work around works as well as Bridge. I will probably switch back to Bridge when this is finally resolved but until that time IC is an acceptable fix. Thanks Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2015 Oct 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

burchs43920065 See my comment in #92 below. Not only did the work around not work, it complicated the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one thing: i´m paying for Creative Cloud. I like to have all features from it, including bridge and photo downloader. I  don´t either buy a car with only three wheels! And i´m not going back to yosemite, i simply don't´t have time for that circus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though I realise that not everyone is affected by this problem, I am disappointed in the time it has taken Adobe and Apple to release a fix. I had hoped for an emergency patch within a few hours, and I had expected a fix within one day or maximum two.

It is now almost three weeks since this problem was highlighted, and there is still no fix in sight. In the mean time, I have been to eight countries and taken many hundreds of photos. I suspect other people have taken thousands or even tens of thousands of photos, since this bug was introduced.

Some rebate on the subscription for affected users would be welcome. As I have one working camera and one where import does not work, I would be content with just half of what other affected people get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

22 days and counting ...nothing from Adobe. No word on status ...nothing. Getting more and more frustrated with this. Adobe busy patching Flash or...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm stuck with the same problems. Please find a solution now!  PLEASE !!!!!
annoying to pay for a product that does not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any news about fixing yet, it had been a while. I really miss bridge as it is useful working with photoshop unlike iPhoto and other software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I have no intention of letting El Capitan onto my computers yet so I can't test this idea: but has anyone, who is running on El Cap., tried to disable the SIP security in El Cap.?

I am guessing that it could be SIP which is interfering with the APDL and that it also has something to do with the requirements in El Cap for more complex crypto encoding of Creator Signatures in each part of an App.?

There are instructions on the Web for disabling the SIP protection.

Does some courageous soul want to risk doing this?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at the description of Apple's implementation of SIP it doesn't seem likely that this is the source of the problem.  SIP only protects files in root directories and certain libraries, as far as I can tell. 

See: https://derflounder.wordpress.com/2015/10/01/system-integrity-protection-adding-another-layer-to-app...

But I'm not an OS X or Unix expert, so perhaps SIP is the problem.  Disabling it does not seem to be a trivial task, however.  I think I'll wait for a fix from Adobe (or Apple). 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very frustrating that this is taking so long to solve. Image Capture is clunky in that it cannot name folders automatically by date. Only options are a slow workaround using Image Capture (about time it was updated!) or allowing Photos app to import photos directly into its library which many of us are reluctant to do as longstanding file structures we use are lost. Poor service both by Apple and Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issues with Adobe Photo Downloader in Bridge CC (2015) after upgrading to El Capitan. Agree with Ari. Probably all of us are paying monthly subscriptions for Creative Cloud. Why should we have to use another app as a 'bridge' to Adobe's Bridge or revert to a previous OS?!?

This issue is akin to buying a car and then having it NOT recognize your car key to start the engine... It does not matter that you may own other vehicles!

Please fix this Adobe!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2015 Oct 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem but ONLY with 64GB / 128GB U1 / Class 10 cards, no problem with 32, 16 or 8 GB cards. SD, or Micro SD both work as long as they are smaller then 64GB.

Tried Scandisk, Transcend, PNY and Kingston and seems to be related to the size of the disk or perhaps XDHC SDHC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume Apple is trying to push everyone to use Photos to import images to the Photos Library as I note importing with other packages such as Google Picasa has also been blocked. I wonder if Adobe will be able to solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines