• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

El Capitan & Adobe Photo Importer

Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2015 Oct 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photo importer callable from Bridge no longer recognizes my cameras since I installed El Capitan.  I've disabled Apple's Phottos.app from importing.  Is there a workaround, or is it bye-bye Photo Importer for me?  I am of course NOT using CC, but PS 12.last update on a Mac Pro.

--Gene

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Hi everyone,

Also I would request you to keep an eye on this thread - Bridge: Issue using Photo Downloader on Mac OS 10.11 - El Capitan

We will be updating this thread when we have new information.

Regards

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 183 Replies 183
New Here ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. This works. But i still would appreciate it if adobe would provide some patches to fix the problem. I feel that software should make life easier and not to force one to figure out how to work around. Adobe claims that the D750 is supported by ACR 9 respectively CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2016 Jul 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, it's nearly been a year, when is this issue going to be fixed?  Why does it feel like Adobe is not going to fix PSE 14 and the "fix" will be available if we fork out a bunch more money for PSE 15???......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what your link says:

"Change the device mode from PTP/MTP to USB mode/Mass storage mode and then connect the device to your computer. Adobe Bridge now detects the device, and you can import media from the device."

This doesn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Oct 2015 the Photo Downloader hasn't worked in Bridge on Mac. Adobe have advised users to use the import-from-device-function instead, with much less options. The problems came with update to El Capitan on Mac. Adobe have given the information that they are working on an update. I have patiently waited for this update since then. I am still waiting but now my patience is running low. Many updates have come since Oct 2015, but why is this for professional photographers very time saving update for Photo Downloader not coming? It's nearly one year of work that should have solved this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have released a new version of Adobe Bridge (CC 2017) on 02 Nov 2016. The new version build number is 7.0.0.93. This version is available to install via Adobe Creative Cloud application.

Please try the new version and check for issues you have encountered. We have addressed multiple Photodownloader related issues in this version.

You may need to update the Creative Cloud application and restart your computer to see the patch update.

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

is there any Patch for Adobe Bridge from CS6?

Regards

Gerd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gerhardk39108858 wrote:

Hi All,

is there any Patch for Adobe Bridge from CS6?

Regards

Gerd

Take a look here:

Adobe - Bridge : For Windows

Adobe - Bridge : For Macintosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thank´s for information. But there´s no update since 2013. I think, there´s no more development for this version.

Regards

Gerd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A solution to all of you Nikon Users down here:
Nikon | Download Center

http://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/index.html

Download the new ViewNX-i and use the Nikon Transfer 2 app inside it. Then use your bridge as usual. I own a D700 with Bridge CS6 and OS X El Capitan.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines