• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files do not open in Photoshop through Bridge and CameraRaw

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since the update to v13 (today) i cannot open files to Photoshop (v24) when i use CameraRaw through bridge. Not by 'OPEN' 'OPEN AS OBJECT'' or 'OPEN AS COPY' clicking on eiter of these nothing happens. The only way to open a image in Photoshop through bridge is FILE->OPEN WITH->ADOBE PHOTOSHOP 2023 (DEFAULT) 

So not by dubbel clicking on a file or throught the 'OPEN IN CAMERARAW" icon. It wil open in CRaw but i cannot continue to Photoshop

Apple M1 Montery v12.6

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

What I have found is rather than just doing a Command-r or double-clicking the raw file, drag the raw file onto PS from Bridge. Then it will work properly.

An unfortunate extra step until this is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

@TracieLouise22 yes, you are correct. But it has been my experience that if I first drag to PS, and yes it will open in ACR but then IT SHOULD open in PS whereas before it didn't automatically.

Let me know if this works for you or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed a similar problem but find that Raw files open from bridge using the "open ion camera raw" button but then: I can open the raw file in Photoshop only if there are no edits in camera raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've posted a similar problem here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-discussions/applying-new-acr-15-features-acr-hosted-by-bri...

Not sure if this is a Bridge, Camera Raw or Photoshop error, but I hope the mods can merge the threads in the correct forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, it looks like the same issue. Only in my case i do not get an error message. Will follow the tread you suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue.  Images won't open in PS after I have done my pre-edit in ACR.  Have to go back to Bridge and redo it all again, and then they will open the second time around which is super strange. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cmd R opens a NEF in ACR, and Cmd O or a double-click is opening it in Ps 2023, for me.

It may be that there is a problem with other kinds of RAW files from different cameras?

In that case, the next version of ACR may fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just did a thorough test with the following RAW files:

Sony .ARW,

Fuji .RAF,

Canon .CR2

Olympus .ORF

Phase One .IIQ

Hasselblad .3FR

Nikon .NEF

Kodak .DCR

Minolta .MRW

And also some .JPG

None of them opens in Ps through Bridge-> CameraRaw.

When opening any of these files straight into Ps (from the finder or from Ps->FILE->OPEN) it opens up in CameraRaw and then in Ps with no problems.

So in my case the problem only exists in Bridge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My situation exactly. Very frustrating! Bridge/PS interface should work as it did before - the open button is right there in ACR where it always was. Come on Adobe - get your act together and stop releasing buggy updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Habe das gleiche Problem (Windows 10 pro): aus der Bridge Camera Raw öffnen, bearbeiten, aber ein Öffnen in PS ist nicht möglich; springt einfach wieder in die Bridge zurück.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I have found is rather than just doing a Command-r or double-clicking the raw file, drag the raw file onto PS from Bridge. Then it will work properly.

An unfortunate extra step until this is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

o.k., dann mal wieder, wie bei fast allen updates, in Geduld üben. Danke für das Zeigen des Umweges....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dragging doesn't work because I am in ACR and there is no way to drag the file anywhere.  Clicking the "open" button is supposed to open the image in PS but it doesn't.  If I go back to Bridge and try and drag the file to PS from there, it just opens it back in ACR cause it's a raw file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TracieLouise22 yes, you are correct. But it has been my experience that if I first drag to PS, and yes it will open in ACR but then IT SHOULD open in PS whereas before it didn't automatically.

Let me know if this works for you or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey that worked!!!!  Cheers.  Hopefully Adobe will fix the issue though, which would be nice.  I have gotten very very used to my particular workflow.  thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I drag multiple images from Bridge into PS it only opens one of the images in Camera Raw. Not good for my workflow AT ALL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just kidding 😅

Don't know how to delete that comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an alternate approach that seems to work for some people: After you've selected all of the raw images you wish to open, right-click on them and select that you want them to open in PS 2023 (or whichever version you want to use). Then, this should open all the selected photos in ACR on the way to PS-x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done Sir. That workaround does the trick ! I tried using the Adobe virtual assistant & requested an agent but the pop-up ended before any agent was there. With this new found knowledge I can add to the message I send to them. This does seem to be an Apple Mac issue only......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows, but holding Shift key and clicking on a Raw file in Bridge opens it directly in Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I open in Lightroom, adjust, then go through the menu above: Photo>open in PS 2023 it opens. I just can't go through ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is still (or again) there. Is this bug recognized/logged by Adobe?

I am on a Macbook Pro with latest versions of everything. Tried an older version of ACR but problem remains.

Did a reinstall of Bridge, ACR and PS and no luck either.

Yes, it is possible to "Open With Adobe Photoshop" from Bridge but that is not desirable in many cases because it is an extra step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that you are using the Public Release version of Bridge (14.0.1.137) because the Beta version is older and does not work  on Macs running on Sonoma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer. I am on Ventura 13.6.1 and use only non-beta versions of Adobe software.

Yesterday I removed all of the Adobe suite with CC cleaner and the problem still presists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what else to suggest — except perhaps to trash all existing Bridge Preferences?

I am running Bridge 14.0.1.137 (the latest public release) on an M1 MacBook Pro on Sonoma 14.1.2.

Cmd R opens a raw NEF in Bridge-hosted ACR; while Cmd O (and also a double-click) opens the same NEF in Photoshop-hosted ACR.

Multi-select opens mutiple files simultaneously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the follow up. I'll check if a completely clean install (including preferences) will work.

I only did an uninstall of all Adobe software with CC Cleaner but the preferences did remain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines