Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No valid files found

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the newest version (as of today) of Bridge 2018 and MacOS 10.12.5

I have reset the preference by restarting with option command shift.

I'm still getting the no valid files found.

This used to work, I imagine it stopped when something got updated, but I don't know which.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

To be honest, I do copy paste the files to their final location, without Bridge involvement! Bridge shouldn’t have that functionality included.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi megm55904641,

Can you please share a screenshot of the problem.Also please let us know the panel in which you are facing this issue.

Also if you could tell us if this works in previous versions of Adobe Bridge.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this did work in previous versions.

This is the file > get photos from camera window.

(and yes, there are many images on the phone.)

Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 3.51.25 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, you have asked me for a screen shot and i have sent it. Seems like this thread has been dropped. I still have the problem, can not import images from my iphone. Pls help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure out how to solve this? I am having the same issue.  I also tried to view the files in File Explorer but could not. I know there are lots of photos on the phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not, and it's very frustrating. If you find a solution please post!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting for the solution from Adobe. Are you there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Meg,

As you have tried to access the files via file explorer, and that did not work, you have a problem that is beyond Adobe’s competences. You should use the fora of Microsoft and Apple because the problem needs to be negociated between those 2 companies.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not tried to access with File Explorer, that was another user, follow the thread above and you will see that. I don't even think I have file explorer.

I have only tried to access images with Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK!

If you do not have file explorer, you have finder and are a MacOS user. So the same question: Did you try accessing the images using finder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Accessing images on my iPhone via the Finder? I never have even tried. I don't think it's possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Explorer will show photos on an iPhone and they can be copied, so I suspect one could do the same with Mac’s Finder. They’ll be in one of the sub folders under DCIM. Never have thought to try (and I’m away from my workstation), but I’d be curious to know if one could open the iPhone‘s folders with Bridge and copy files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge has been having problems keeping up with the the iPhones since the iPhone 7 was released. At first (older iOS) it would download JPEGs, but stop if it hit a MOV file.  It now (later iOS) does see files from an iPhone 7, at least on El Capitan—but while it can display the images, it starts the download and if it doesn't immediately crash, it pops up a warning that the phone must not be properly connected or the battery needs to be charged if any of the JPEG images have an MOV file associated with them. So it's definitely not handling newer phones or the newer iOS for phones. It could be that it totally doesn't recognize the images from 8 and 10 iPhones.

I know many problems were reported some time back, and I can only assume they'll get around to them when they don't have their hands full just trying to resurrect Bridge from the near death experience of a couple years ago. I think it's a shame Adobe hasn't made Bridge a top priority, but they at least decided to keep it going and try to (slowly) improve it—beginning with general performance issues and stability. PhotoDownloader, under the circumstances, is a lower priority because there are other options freely available.

While waiting for updates, Mac users can use the free with OS Image Capture.app to download their iPhone files to the computer. It works quite well, as one might imagine an Apple app would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, I do copy paste the files to their final location, without Bridge involvement! Bridge shouldn’t have that functionality included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the logic behind. Im not a MacOS guy, so I cannot counter check. But common sense says you should first test if the OS accepts the phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't access the iPhone via the Finder. However, Image Capture will see photos on an iOS device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem here, even with all the current updates.  Trying to download from my Canon DSLR.  Hoping someone will post a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution by having iTunes open (the one for backing my iPhone).

I set my windows 10 to always ask me what to do when I plug my iPhone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

having the same issues. Your solution is perfect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines