• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Place into InDesign Wrong Version Again

Guide ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a problem a few years ago where I have all of my Adobe apps up to date, but I'm using a previous version of InDesign. When I select an image and go to File>Place>InDesign, even though 2020 is open, it launches 2021 and places into a new document instead of the open 2020 document I wanted it to use. Here's the old thread, but the solution that worked then doesn't work now:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/place-in-indesign-choosing-wrong-id-version/m-p/10...

The solution that worked with Bridge 2020 and InDesign 2019  isn't working now that I'm using Bridge 2021 (11.1.185) and InDesign 2020 (15.1.3) under Mac Big Sur (11.5.2). Here's a screen shot where I've set InDesign 2020 as my default:

SS.png
I also saw this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/cannot-place-image-files-in-indesign-from-bridge/m...

…but that didn't help. Here's another screen shot where I've disabled the 2021 script and left 2020 active:

SS2.png

I've also set InDesign 2020 as the default in the OS, which works when opening InDesign files from the finder, but that's not my problem. Any ideas, or can you replicate what I'm getting?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a problem depending on what order the apps are installed. If you aren't using InDesign 2021, why not remove it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was hoping to not have to do that, but since it gets me where I need to be, I'll do that, but if anyone else is having this problem, I'd be interested to hear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines