• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"import from Device" missing fro Bridge update

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the latest Bridge update File>Import from Bridge which was simplicity itself, has gone & as far as I can tell, has been replaced by the Camra Download app which is clunky & somtimes fails to work. Also Bridge itself keeps crashing. Not a good siuation. I've got an imac running Montery

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Hello,

Import from device option is now available in the latest version of Bridge 13.0.2.636. Could you please try it and confirm if that resolves the issue for you? There are more functional and stability issues fixed in this version. Please refer the following link to know more.

https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue that is fixed in the latest beta release and should be included in a future version. This is just a Mac-only shortcut to the Image Capture app in your Applications folder, BTW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have released a new Beta version with Import from Device option along with some other functional and stability bug fixes. Could you please try the latest beta version and confirm if that resolves the issue for you?

Please refer to the following link for the list of fixed issues and steps to download the latest beta build (Adobe Bridge Beta (13.0.2.630)). 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-beta-is-now-available/td-p/13439655

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'll give it a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEllo, Good news: this issue is listed as fixed in Bridge 13.0.2: https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html please try it and report (I do see import from Camera in my install)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Import from device option is now available in the latest version of Bridge 13.0.2.636. Could you please try it and confirm if that resolves the issue for you? There are more functional and stability issues fixed in this version. Please refer the following link to know more.

https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it today and works well, thank you for bringing it back to the Mac version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks- up & working although Bridge still closes when window is closed & has to be restarted everytime. can't seem to find a way to stop that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @annavlam, there is a simple solution: do not close the window unless you want Bridge to quit.

Some applications (I have at least a half dozen on my computer at this moment) will quit if you close the window. It's the way it was programmed. 

Currently, the Bridge team is working on bringing back multiple windows in addition to the multiple Tabbed Content tabs. Apparently, it's not as easy as it seems it should be. 

Until this does return, I suggest you do not close the window unless you want Bridge to quit. Remember, you can always "hide" Bridge, by clicking the middle button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines