• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

With many collections: can I save them away on disk and then load the one(s) I want?

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Bridge, I have many collections , can I save them away on disk and then load the one(s) I want to work with at any particular time?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this is intended behaviour but, yes you can, though bear in mind that they will fail to work correctly if you make any changes to files and their locations.

If you are on Windows then you will find them here (assuming you have Bridge 2022):

"C:\Users\-----\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Bridge 2022\Collections"

(I can't speak for Mac but there will be an equivalent location.)

You can cut and paste them to another location of your choice and copy them back as you want them.

I would run a test first with one collection in order to satisfy yourself that this works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Erik,  Yes, there it is and it works.

Fortunately I am using the great Power Desk (Avanquest) for file manager.  I see each collection is a file, like:   name.filelist .

I put the collections in one or more new folders.  The folders as such don't show.
Then I copy the collection-files I want to work on out onto the basic "Collections" folder. 

I had to close and restart Bridge to see the new active collections.

This workaround will have to do -- until Bridge implements it, like many other serious applications do.

Sverk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is needed is the feature to be able organise collections into sets and subsets (Lightroom style.)

This has been requested in 2018 so don't hold your breath! 

You might add your vote here:

https://adobebridge.uservoice.com/forums/905323-feature-request/suggestions/35802550-collection-sets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a bad idea, just leave the files where they are created. A collection is just a flat file database.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines