Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ae Beta 25 Extension is just White after opening

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Basically, im using this Extension called uwu2x and in the ae beta, after opening the Extension from the Windows tab it appears to be just a white screen. Nothing, else. 
I saw some people adding a PlayerDebugKey to reg editor and i tried that but it still doesnt work. 
Appreciate any help!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Bug , Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Hello @engjell_9808,

Sorry you are experiencing issues with an extension in the Beta.

I assume for the PlayerDebugMode you were modifying with values for CEP 11?
See: CEP-Resources/CEP_11.x/Documentation/CEP 11.1 HTML Extension Cookbook.md at master · Adobe-CEP/CEP-Resources · GitHub

• Win: regedit > HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe/CSXS.11, then add a new entry PlayerDebugMode of type "string" with the value of "1".
  • macOS: In the terminal, type: defaults write com.adobe.CSXS.11 PlayerDebugMode 1 (T
Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Hello @engjell_9808,

I looked at the install file for uwu2x and they included a file called "Add keys.reg" - running this would set the correct PlayerDebugMode for all CEP versions that were released and a few that are likely included to future proof for new versions of CEP.

Installing it locally, I can get it to load in the beta application, though I do recall looking at this previously where the Settings tab in the beta applications had not been working. Switching between the old skin and new sk

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 06, 2024 Sep 06, 2024

Marking this as fixed. Solution is in the pinned investigation where it suggests a change to the After Effects path that was referenced in the main file. This resolved the issue both externally and internally. Next steps is for the extension developer to resolve this in a future build.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
8 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @engjell_9808,

Sorry you are experiencing issues with an extension in the Beta.

I assume for the PlayerDebugMode you were modifying with values for CEP 11?
See: CEP-Resources/CEP_11.x/Documentation/CEP 11.1 HTML Extension Cookbook.md at master · Adobe-CEP/CEP-R...

• Win: regedit > HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe/CSXS.11, then add a new entry PlayerDebugMode of type "string" with the value of "1".
  • macOS: In the terminal, type: defaults write com.adobe.CSXS.11 PlayerDebugMode 1 (The plist is also located at /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.CSXS.11.plist)

In the most recent Beta we have moved to CEP 12, so you would change 11 to 12 in the above examples. There is currently some testing going on for this version. If you modify with 12 instead of 11, you may still see issues and we would appreciate any further feedback if that is the case.

All the best,

Jessica
AE Engineering

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have that PlayerDebugMode entry in every CSXS version, 11 and 12 included. 
I have a friend that also tried it and he has the same issue. It really just stays plain white.
Any other ideas what i can do? 
Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @engjell_9808,

Do you know when uwu2x started having issues in the Beta for you (mid August, early August, earlier)? Also, do any other CEP panels have issues for you? Libraries, Frame.io, and Learn are all examples of plugins that are shipped with our product that use this same part of the technology. 

In narrowing down where the issue might be was uwu2x updated recently? Have you reached out to the uwu2x developer as well to see if they have seen this issue before and already have a solution?

In the link I added previously, a little further down, you can find information for enabeling and finding logs: CEP-Resources/CEP_11.x/Documentation/CEP 11.1 HTML Extension Cookbook.md at master · Adobe-CEP/CEP-R...

The information found in these could help narrow down where the issue might be coming from. If you could send me a message directly with those log files included, that might help with determining next steps for either a fix or understanding why it isn't working properly.

Thanks for your reporting this again and helping us track down the source of the issue.

All the best,
Jessica 
AE Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jessica McMillan 
Up until now, uwu2x only had 2 versions of being an extension. The older versions were scripts but their way too buggy and unusable. The version 7.3 has had an issue in every Beta since the new UI (from 2024 beta) and the new version came out 2-3 days ago, but also doesnt work. The 7.3 had an issue where the settings tab was completely blank (but not white).
The new 8.0 now has a bug where its just white and blank instantly after opening it. 

I tried other CEP panels too, specifically the ones you mentioned, and they all work. 
I also reached out to the developer in their discord and he stated, that it should be an issue of ae's side because he couldn't really get an idea of what is wrong.

I have logs attached of me opening after effects and opening uwu2x. The extension is called uwu2x Pro on a quick sidenote.

Hope we'll find a fast fix for this 
Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @engjell_9808,

I looked at the install file for uwu2x and they included a file called "Add keys.reg" - running this would set the correct PlayerDebugMode for all CEP versions that were released and a few that are likely included to future proof for new versions of CEP.

Installing it locally, I can get it to load in the beta application, though I do recall looking at this previously where the Settings tab in the beta applications had not been working. Switching between the old skin and new skin does not change the behavior in the beta, when selecting the "Settings" tab it still causes it to display empty. 

I cannot easily investigate what the extension's internals are since it is obfuscated. Searching it though, I do see reference to the AE folder, which doesn't have logic to change whether it is in the beta or not. It will try to build a path like the following:

• For macOS: /Users/username/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/18.0
  • For Windows: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\18.0

When I manually modify uwu2x-extension/assets/main-292bfff5.js file from:

return Xn.join(n, "Adobe", "After Effects", parseFloat(e).toFixed(1).toString())

to

return Xn.join(n, "Adobe", "After Effects (Beta)", parseFloat(e).toFixed(1).toString())

the settings tab works as expected. I imagine this is causing an error which makes the "Settings" tab fail to display which requires you to close and reopen the extension panel to make the contents visible again. I am not sure if the extension is useful without access to the "Settings" tab. I will reach out to the developer to let them know of this issue.

All the best,
Jessica
AE Engineering

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again!
Changing it to "After Effects (Beta)" worked! Very nice to hear that you found this solution, I will tell my friend this fix and hopefully the developer can make some sort of fix for this 😄 Are you reaching out to him for the fix or should I tell him about this? 

Either way, thanks alot, this helps a lot as I find myself much better using the Beta than the current stable version !
Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2024 Sep 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @engjell_9808 

Glad that has worked out for you. I have reached out to the developer, so hopefully this will be resolved going forward.

Thanks again for reporting this issue, I am glad we could resolve it. 

All the best,
Jessica 
AE Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2024 Sep 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Marking this as fixed. Solution is in the pinned investigation where it suggests a change to the After Effects path that was referenced in the main file. This resolved the issue both externally and internally. Next steps is for the extension developer to resolve this in a future build.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources