• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Images in LR 7.1.2 reset to original, erasing edits

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is similar to this old bug P: Desktop: Resets recently edited photos randomly and won't shut down

Edits on both DNG and TIFF files often (maybe 20% of the time, which is a lot) completely reset to the original version. The history view shows no newer edits meaning the work (crops, color adjustments, brushes, etc.) is gone. Context:

• Mac Studio M1 Max (64GB RAM) running Sonoma 14.2.1
  • Lightroom 7.1.2
  • I've used Lightroom from its first beta and the cloud version for some years and never had this happen prior to the latest Lightroom update
  • I've had a couple images get "stuck" in this condition meaning I tried repeatedly (perhaps five times) to crop them and they always reset after 10 or 20 seconds back in the grid view

Things I have tried that seem to work once or twice but not reliably:

• Wait for the cloud sync spinner to stop before leaving edit mode for an image
  • Always switch back to main edit or detail view before returning to grid mode

I will follow up with a video capture of an example and application logs if possible.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The February 2024 updates contain an update for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for being so patient.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
30 Comments
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be in the middle of applying an edit, specifically copy pasting or cropping but sometimes just opening something and then it will just, change the edit? either by removing everything and returning to default like I pressed cmd+R, or it will revert to some arbitrary previous edit version, or it'll just apply random presets from what I can tell, sometimes causing me to loose progress, I'm not pressing anything other than cmd+V and sometimes nothing at all, I'm on 7.1.2 and an M2 Pro macbook pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, @chanyiti. Welcome to the Lightroom Community. I'll need more info to help you figure this out.

Share the system info of Lightroom from Help > System info > Copy & paste into a text document or paste here.

Try to pause the sync while you are working in Lightroom from the top right side by clicking on the Cloud icon & then, by the end of the session, enable syncing & let Lightroom finish up.

Please share a screenshot from Lightroom Preferences > Local Storage/Caches.

SameerK_0-1670446593030.png

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2023 Dec 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this kind of problem too. What happens for me is I edit an image, go to a grid view, return to the image and then when I roll over the editing panel the image reverts to its unedited version. It is the weirdest thing. I did a video screen capture. As you'll see I open the pic (which is cropped and black and white) and I scroll over the editing panel without clicking anything and the image turns back to uncropped and in color. Started happening with the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2023 Dec 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with the edits reversing and going to grid mode and the preview is wrong. And now it seems to be getting worse. If I delete an image it stays in the album. I selected pause syncing and now when I select resume nothing is happening.

Lightroom version: 7.1.2 x64 [ 20231210-1901-9bac95f ] (Dec 10 2023)
NGL Version: 1.36.0.9
WF Version: 6.1 6106173
VF Version: 1.0.135.7
HIL Version: 40409
CAI Version: adobe_c2pa/0.7.6 c2pa-rs/0.25.2

Operating system: Windows 10
OS Version: Windows 10 Home (2009)
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Computer model: ASUS System Product Name / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor
Logical processor count: 16
Processor speed: 3.8 GHz
Built-in memory: 65447.7 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 65447.7 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 5212.7 MB (7.9%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 9239.1 MB
Memory cache size: 4142.1 MB

Internal Camera Raw version: 16.1 [ 1727 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 9
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 642MB / 32723MB (1%)
Camera Raw real memory: 623MB / 65447MB (0%)

Display: 5120x1440
System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info: DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 (31.0.15.3758) - 24 GB
Graphics Processor Detail: loaded: Yes, supported: Yes, compute: Yes, init: I4_GPU4, hard: success, soft: success, al: Yes, dl: No
OS Media Capability: true

Application Folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom CC
Settings Folder: C:\Users\stato\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom CC
Library Folder: C:\Users\stato\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom CC\Data

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same issue! it has been very frustrating and disrupting my work flow having to redo the edits that magically change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional context I forgot to mention: this has happened with both 60mp Sony raw files converted to DNG and TIF scans that are under 20mb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more piece of context: I have 1.1TB free in my cloud account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the report and information. One of the engineering team should be reaching out to you for more details - especially if you can reproduce at will and record the video!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took just two tries to reproduce. What I did here:

• Crop image to 1:1 (pressing enter) and return to grid view
  • Notice the crop didn't "stick"
  • Repeat the crop and also raise shadows then return to grid view
  • It "sticks" this time; click around a bit then enter image edit again
  • Click nothing but as I watch, image reverts, losing edits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new thing I noticed after making this video: the edit I made was back in place after I returned to LR. Usually when my edits disappear, I immediately start redoing them. Maybe if I wait it will "catch up" and show the "lost" edit — just speculation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A request from engineering:

"For this customer, we could have them generate a diagnostic log with the lost edits image selected."

For LrDesktop

Go to Preferences

Account Section

Hold down the [Opt/Alt] key to make [Diagnostic Log] button appear

When you have the log ready, let me know how large it is so we can establish a transfer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, but with Apple Mac Studio M2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the log file. It's only 2.2MB. I'm haven't fully reviewed it to see everything it contains so not sure if it's appropriate to share publicly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One additional detail. Are the edits retained in the Versions function?  (Auto or Saved)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteAre the edits retained in the Versions function?  (Auto or Saved)?

Versions are what I had called "history." My answer is mixed. Using versions was my initial approach to recoving edits. I tried that a few times and saw only the original version.

But with that video example I just made, I noticed if I bring up the version list but don't click any of the listed versions, it did bring back my edits. But again, that also mixes in another factor—waiting some minutes before trying. I'll play around and see if I can be more exact about the steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we've found the problem. Until we can get a fix out, please try this as a workaround:

- Go to Lightroom Preferences > Interface panel

- Set the 4th popup, "Panel Tracks" to Automatic (instead of Manual)

This will cause the left panel to show only in grid view and the right panel to show only in Detail view (as it did before version 7.0). What we think is happening is that the hidden Versions panel starts mistakenly watching for mouse clicks when that right panel is open in grid. This should stop that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the 4th popup, "Panel Tracks" to Automatic (instead of Manual)

Thanks much. I've changed that option and I'll respond here if I see the problem occur again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I was involved with this issue investigation and was able reproduce the issue. The good news is that this will fixed in the next release of LrD.

In the meantime, I wanted to let you know about a couple other workarounds

1) When entering edit or when switching images in edit, be sure to keep the mouse pointer off the edit panel for the first couple of seconds. This admittedly isn't ideal, but it will prevent the problem from occurring until the next release.

2) If you do see the settings spontaneously change, you can probably undo the settings change by opening the Versions panel, hovering over a one of the entries without clicking, then switching from Versions panel back the Edit panel you wish to use. The settings should revert back to the state they were in before the spontaneous and unwanted change.

Hope this helps until next release and please let us know if you still see the issue otherwise. Screen recordings are very helpful if you do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One additional tip: now that we've investigated the issue further, we think it probably isn't necessary to switch Lightroom Preferences > Interface > Panel Tracks from Manual to Automatic if you avoid mousing over the right panel during the first few seconds when Panel Tracks is Manual.

So feel free to choose the workaround you prefer.

If you aren't seeing the issue, no workarounds are needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem too and literally posting for the first time to explain what I see (and make it manageable for anyone else until this gets fixed).

• Happens when going from Grid views to Detail view for a photo.
  • When the mouse moves over editing panels, it resets to the original photo settings.
  • If you open the Versions tab, you will see two versions created at the same date and time...
    • The one at the top will be with your edits and updates, the one below will be the original settings.
    • If you try to ignore it and edit anything, it'll reset your edits and go back to the original settings.
    • If you select the top version it will keep your edits and you can continue to make new edits without this problem happening again.
  • If you go back to the Grid views then you start the cycle of pain and horrow anew.

So something is clearly going wrong with versions being created when going into the Detail view of a photo after browsing the Grid views, and incorrectly applying the original settings instead of maintaining the current edits. 

If you want more diagnosis then Adobe can pay me for that 🙂 

https://benm.life

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom keeps on resetting my editing process on individual images when I switch from grid view (G) to detailed view (D) as if I pressed “reset editing” (⌘+R). It's really annoying and time-consuming. Sometimes it's solved by pressing “⌘+Z”, other times it jumps back and forth between edited and unedited image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been 2 weeks since Jason pointed aout this bug.
It's impossible to work on this app anymore.
Where is solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a solution from Jan. 11 pinned to the top of this thread. Please change your Panel Tracks preference to Automatic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens when I am on the detailed view. After applying bulk edits to the images and wait for it to complete, I check and scroll to each one using the detailed view to perform minor adjustments (e.g. cropping, adjusting light, etc.), but for some reason, the image keeps on reverting back. I've tried emptying the cache, restarting the app, and re-installing but this still happens. I have to keep on toggling the before and after 'Show original' option (Shortcut key /) for each image that reverts back. This takes so much time on my workflow when I need to edit images.

I'm using the latest version of the app (currently at V.7.1.2, 20231210-1901-9bac95f Build)

I've included a photo for the version and video recording for references.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you may be hitting this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-bugs/p-images-in-lr-7-1-2-reset-to-or... 

Votes

Translate

Translate