• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: With Airplane Mode, Android Lightroom Mobile Does Not Work Due to Google Play Blocking

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Android Lightroom Mobile will not start and completely stops working when switched to airplane mode or when there is no internet connection, such as during a long trip on an international ship. This issue occurs because, after restarting Lightroom a few times (usually 3-4 times) offline, Google Play begins to block it.
Once this happens, I cannot get back into Lightroom until it is back online. In the meantime, Google Play just tells me to pass the time with a boring mini-game until I get back online!
When I disabled Google Play, a white dialogue box with just 'CLOSE' appears immediately after Lightroom starts up. In the end, nothing can be done.
Please, please fix it so that Lightroom works without Google Play in an offline environment.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing exactly the same issue on my Android smartphone whilst photographing the Australian Outback.

Long days & evenings without Internet access, prime time for editing my pictures, but Lightroom will not let me. It keeps opening up Google Play, which then adds insult to injury by suggesting I 'play a game' whilst waiting for an Internet connection.

I do not recall Adobe stating that an Internet connection is mandatory to use Lightroom. I would not have purchased it otherwise. 

So frustrating as the product has been fantastic... up until now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2024 Jul 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same problem. If I have to have Internet to use Lightroom, it becomes useless to me since there is no Internet most places I shoot.

Is this going to receive any attention from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2024 Sep 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found that at least Lightroom mobile version 9.2.0 works correctly without being blocked by the Google Play Store, even when offline. Although frequent notifications prompting version upgrades may appear, there is no issue if you disable the Google Play Store app.

For those troubled by this issue, I recommend considering a downgrade to version 9.2.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate