• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere & AME - Appears to crash (task mgr reports unresponsive) + no AME preview

Participant ,
Oct 16, 2024 Oct 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I updated to v25 and now none of our mogrts work when exporting.

From Premiere or AME, it seems to hit the graphics file and stops and becomes non-responsive.  No preview displays.  Software only has same issue.  Delete the mogrt and export works fine.  This worked perfectly fine before the update.

Absolutely no clue why this failing now.  

cleared caches, reinstalled, etc.  Restored system and tried again, same issue. 

As an added bonus, when I went to reopen a project after restoring the system, it failed because v25 saved it and all the autosaves under v25.  Now I have to rebuild the project with hours of work invested.  Joy. 

W10x64, 14900k, 3080ti, 96gbRam, Gen4M.2 drives throughout.  

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch!

I've not had this, though I've only done a bit of graphics work in 25.x release yet. I'm still testing things before upgrading my Production that all my actual work is in.

But I'll be doing more graphics tomorrow. If I hit this, I'll add a comment to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new project, tested a few mogrts. It fails on most, but not on a lower third custom mogrt.  The other mogrts that failed don't use AE and are 2-3 gb because of it.  The mogrts are all less than three months old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 17, 2024 Oct 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I gave it one more try and discovered if i let it run, despite becoming "unresponsive" in task manager, it does complete.   The thing that threw me off is it doesn't have a preview in the AME window either.  So it appears to crash, but is actually working so far if i let it run.  About the same time to encode.  So it's good it sort of works, but combined with the captions bug (doesn't burn in if it's not the first in que, another post) means I have to wait for full encoding before checking to see if everything is good.  

Seems like the bugs I get are somewhat rare unfortunately but wanted to post this for anyone else having same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate