• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2024 will Not OPEN!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open Photoshop, it appears in task manager, however it never actually shows up. I have tried every single method to my knowledge and found nothing that works. Quite literally every single other Adobe CC program works but just not photoshop. I have the latest version of photoshop aswell.

Methods Ive Tried:
- Uninstall and Reinstall Photoshop
- Run it as administartor
- Run it from task manager
- End task then run it
- Run it from Adobe CC
- Update it to the latest version
- Turn off and on my PC and try all these things again

Essentially what it does is just run in the background and never actually opens the startup. I have the exact same specs I did before but it is just now not working.

I have a ACER Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop with Windows 11.

So PLEASE I need help with this, I need to get my commissions done.
Heres whats happening, I run it and it just runs in the background.
image_2022-11-19_063918246.png

Bug Unresolved Locked
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
15 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you restart the computer, does Photoshop launch and run? If so, after you quit, does it refuse the launch a second time? If so, I suspect you might be hitting this issue? https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-photoshop-won-t-reopen-after-close-need-to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened to me, I've waited for a litte bit (5min) and the program show up without the splash screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using WEindows or Mac?

If Windows, open Task manager   (Ctrl Alt Delete)

Select Photoshop (it might say Not Responding) at the top of the screen click on End Task

image.png

Restart your computer

Try to open Photoshop again.

Let us know if that clears the problem because there's a wee bit oh housekeeping to do if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same exact issue as of a couple days ago. It only shows up in the Task Manager.

Windows 11 22H2

Photoshop 2024 - I've tried everything the OP has tried, reinstalling, run as Administrator, etc. etc...PLEASE help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue over the last couple days too!

I tried everything WIl332 has tried - rebooting, uninstalling/reinstalling, run as Administrator, etc. Nothing works; it only runs in the Task Manager.

Photoshop 2024 on Windows 11 22H2

Help, please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ocelot77_0-1701291482138.png

UPDATE: So it seems it does eventually start...after several minutes. And I can't seem to find WIA running on my machine, so...what now? This is ridiculous, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here... no good solution but to restart the computer before launching PS 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't launch Adobe Photoshop after updating, it gets stuck at Open screen.
reading brushed

I am having trouble using Photoshop Beta.  I have been using it for a long while without any problem, but when I tried to start it today, it stalled at the "Reading Brushes" and exited due to an error.

I tried removing it ad reinstalling and rebooting my machine, but all to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced this, and/or know a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(first sorry for my bad English xD)

I had the same problem and it fixed somehow
this is the methods I tried:

1- Updated my graphic driver to the latest version
2- Installed Intel CPU driver
3- Checked If OpenCL and OpenGL is installed

4- Installed Open Gl Extensions Viewr 6.1

5- Installed DirectX 12 (first check if your graphic card supports directX 12)
6- Checked if my VRAM is enough for photoshop 

I also restarded my computer after I did this methodes and run photoshop as administrator
I hope this solve your problem and have a good day❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. First it was Adobe Acrobat and they could never get that fixed and now it's Photoshop. It does open on mine as an admin but appears to be useless since I can't drag and drop image files into my design projects as an administrator. And considering Adobe remoted into my computer 3 times to fix Adobe Acrobat and only provided a bunch of lame fixes and never fixed it (haven't been able to use Acrobat in over 6 months), I dread that this ordeal with PS is not going to be much different. I've tried everything you've tried and I really don't want to spend hours with Adobe remoting in again just to have no solid fix, yet again. I'm at a loss and now my business is suffering yet a second time due to Adobe not having their act together. They should already be here with an answer but nope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought I'd add this if it's helpful... 2024 PS seems to be an issue for lots of folks right now and in addition to not opening, you can get it open with "Run as administrator" but then you can't drag and drop anything into it which for me is far more efficient than going to the menu to "Place Embedded". So instead of losing more hours to another Adobe hiccup, I decided to go ahead and install the new Beta version which also includes Generative AI and it opened just fine and drag and drop is not an issue. With 2024, I did try all of the many suggestions (like reinstall, reboot, turning off the graphics card and about 7 other options) and not a single thing worked other than running it as an admin. So if you don't care about drag and drop, that will at least get you up and running on 2024. But even running as an admin seems to not work for some so hopefully they get this resolved and issue another update fix SOON.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I've been using Photoshop Beta for a long time, but suddenly it stopped opening. I tried every way, I couldn't fix it, and it's not something I understand very well. Now I downloaded Photoshop, which is not Beta, but it opens 20-25 minutes after I click on it. I can't understand why, other programs are fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anil373286956vsq try manually resetting your Photoshop preferences
https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
Remember to back up your settings before doing the preference reset
https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it but unfortunately it didn't fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2024 Aug 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PLEASE NOTE - this is a 2022 thread unrelated to August 2024 issue. This thread is now locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate